return to LexJB.com talk.LexJB.com
made obsolete by http://Facebook.com/JBMason

SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The updated Brett Bugle itself

Post new topic   Reply to topic    talk.LexJB.com Forum Index -> Comments on a Brett Bugle entry
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emelle

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: The updated Brett Bugle itself Reply with quote

is better than what you had a week ago... I love it when you express yourself with comic clip-art.
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have thousands of one-panel comic clippings that I've saved over the years. Back in the day, I was saving art that I'd physically clipped from the newspaper, but now, it's way easier to stock up by just grabbing comic strips from newspaper websites (and then cropping them down to the desired panel).

Anyway, it seems like a shame to not use the thousands of panels I have on hand. So occasionally I grab a handful and do something with 'em.

Maybe someday I will write a 500-page novel using only comic-strip panels taken out of context. Of course, if I did that, I'd have to get permission slips from all those originators of that artwork -- what a pain.
emelle

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You once (during a "blue" period of your life, I think), sent a snail-mail Bugle that was like that novel, only it was a letter, but from your clip-art. I still have that Bugle somewhere - although it made me sad to read, it was a beautiful piece of work.
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have that all-clip-art Bugle in my 1994 Bugle notebook and was thinking of it when I proposed the 500-page-novel idea above.

Regarding the "blue" period of my life, oh, those were important, life-changing times. It's possible that I'm inside the 2nd "blue" period of my life right now. Time will tell...
Dad

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Blue Period Reply with quote

Forget a second blue period, let me get mine out of the way first. I had to do a long questionnaire for Social Security and when Cheryl read it she said I sounded like a pathetic hermit, whose idea of fun was to take a nap.

Love Dad

JBMason wrote:
I still have that all-clip-art Bugle in my 1994 Bugle notebook and was thinking of it when I proposed the 500-page-novel idea above.

Regarding the "blue" period of my life, oh, those were important, life-changing times. It's possible that I'm inside the 2nd "blue" period of my life right now. Time will tell...
emelle

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, look at thedaddy, putting his feedback in front of the quoted text!
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

emelle wrote:
Wow, look at thedaddy, putting his feedback in front of the quoted text!

He's a renegade.
emelle

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBMason wrote:
He's a renegade.

Always has been, haven'tcha, Daddio? Or are you just a pathetic hermit, whose idea of fun is to take a nap? Choose RENEGADE; it sounds like MUCH MORE FUN!

"Na na na na na" - hey, Brett, do you realize that you and I have posted two-thirds of all posts on this site? {end segue music}
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emelle wrote:
you and I have posted two-thirds of all posts

Since you're so darn active, I am surprised you haven't uploaded an 80x80 "avatar" picture. Maybe you have no idea how. I don't feel like teaching you this today; go to your own profile page and figure it out yourself.
Dad

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Putz Reply with quote

even though you are the moderator, your still a putz for talking to your sister like that. Besides all of her photos are high quality Pro shot, do you think it is easy to keep it below 6 kb. Do you ike my tag line at the bottom (Doo). Bellamy goes out tomorrow

Renegade

JBMason wrote:
emelle wrote:
you and I have posted two-thirds of all posts

Since you're so darn active, I am surprised you haven't uploaded an 80x80 "avatar" picture. Maybe you have no idea how. I don't feel like teaching you this today; go to your own profile page and figure it out yourself.

emelle

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: name-calling Reply with quote

thejer wrote:
even though you are the moderator, your still a putz.
Renegade

JBMason wrote:
I am surprised you haven't uploaded an 80x80 "avatar" picture.

I have given much thought to the idea of adding an avatar, but because I spend so much time on this site, I haven't devoted any time to choosing which photo to shrink, shrink, shrink...

I like Daddy's avatar, altho it would be nice to see less of the top of the head and more of the front! Keep your handle, Renegade.

You don't have to keep your handle, Putz. Laughing
netgeek64

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have the Brett Bugle open in a tab when I open Firefox, but I almost always just click on the "talk" comic strip and come right here. Since I stay logged in, I know I'll never be "guest" or "hidden", and that's okay by me.
Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Mommy's favorite Bible verse)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
hloaroo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was tired of seeing the "Wed Sep 12, 2007" when I checked back for updates, so I decided to make an entry here.

I went to the Brett Bugle today and decided to do a search of my name to see what came up. I followed some links around and stumbled across the page of MySpace comments.

I can see that, right around this time last year, I told Brett that Facebook was stupid and that MySpace suited my needs much better. Who knew that a year later I'd be more active on Facebook than MySpace? Crazy. You never know where life will take you!
netgeek64

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hloaroo wrote:
I can see that, right around this time last year, I told Brett that Facebook was stupid and that MySpace suited my needs much better. Who knew that a year later I'd be more active on Facebook than MySpace? Crazy. You never know where life will take you!

And just for that, I think I'll Superpoke you. Ha! Surprised
Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Mommy's favorite Bible verse)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
hloaroo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

netgeek64 wrote:
And just for that, I think I'll Superpoke you. Ha! Surprised

I love the Superpoke feature! I'm totally addicted. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    talk.LexJB.com Forum Index -> Comments on a Brett Bugle entry All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: