return to LexJB.com talk.LexJB.com
made obsolete by http://Facebook.com/JBMason

SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Holla!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hloaroo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I won't bother inviting you out to lunch today, then. Wink
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what a bummer that I couldn't have a Halloween lunch, including Christmas mint M&Ms, with Heather today!

am logging on to tell y'all that I arrived home at 10 PM, and then I immediately was whisked away to a bar with Mary Ann, Matt, and Ashley

will post a few Facebook photos from the rendezvous before going to bed very soon
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today is Aunt Gloria's birthday. Give her a call!
(856) 825-??13

I'm not posting her full phone number here on the worldwide web, for obvious reasons. Just replace the question marks with a recurring Mom number.
emelle

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did; thank you for the post... she made me cry; well, she didn't MAKE me cry, but talking to her about last year got me crying. It was a good call.
Dad

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Mama Affect Reply with quote

My mother (83) has this tendency to fall and hurt herself. She always gets lots of attention so I decided I would do the same. I tripped over the sprinkler head in low shrubs, and fell face first on to the sidewalk. So now I look like I have the Mumps on the left side of my face and a black eye. I am going tomorrow to the Wallgreen's and have them choose the proper coverup make up to match my wrinkles on the other side. Did not get hurt bad (high pain tolerance) but i did cut my finger and since I am on blood thinning medicine it looks like I did someone bodily harm because of blood on the cobblestone. Don't worry about my cuts getting infected because I scrubbed them with my Sonicare toothbrush then poured Listerine on them. I should pretty again by next weekend when I get to Hollywood.
Pictures at : http://www.thejmason.com/Facebook/ , Brett's always talking about Face book so that is what I called the folder! Very Happy
netgeek64

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, daddy! you really need to watch where you're walking! i thought that since we passed the "year mark" i could leave you all alone and go out of town.

sigh.....

i'll be home tomorrow. try not to go anywhere or do anything, 'k? Wink
Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Mommy's favorite Bible verse)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: giving a holla to some comedy writers in the world Reply with quote

Wanted to post a rant about comedy; did not want to start a new topic. So here ya go.

There are two things I've noticed that comedy writers sometimes use in their material which I cannot stand. I want to kill the writers every time I hear these two things.

(1) If a character says "did I just say that out loud?" I want to kill his or her writer. This line is the phoniest line I've ever heard. No one ever says this sentence in real life.

(2) If a character, when trying to point out how stupid another character is, uses the phrase "mouth-breather," I want to kill his or her writer. This is the phoniest word I've ever heard. No one ever says this word in real life. Plus, it makes no sense to associate breathing through the mouth with a lack of intelligence.

That is all for now.
emelle

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of good comedy writing, I was thinking that Scott Meyer should run for President, or at least president of his own company. Wait, did I just think that in print? What a mouth-breather I am. No, seriously, because comedy is serious stuff, has everyone been keeping up with Scott? If you haven't, don't miss this week's mid-week post.
hloaroo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: giving a holla to some comedy writers in the world Reply with quote

JBMason wrote:
(1) If a character says "did I just say that out loud?" I want to kill his or her writer. This line is the phoniest line I've ever heard. No one ever says this sentence in real life.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I have, quite literally, said that sentence in real life. And meant it. More than once. Does that make me a mouth-breather? (Kidding about the mouth-breather thing, but serious about the other.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    talk.LexJB.com Forum Index -> Holla back All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: