return to LexJB.com talk.LexJB.com
made obsolete by http://Facebook.com/JBMason

SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

one of many good reasons to join Facebook
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: bowling videos Reply with quote

There's really no good reason at all for you to be avoiding Facebook, but since you stubbornly do, I offer you a couple of awesome videos I shot today:

http://video.yahoo.com/people/3623743

To see many, many more, JOIN FACEBOOK!

(I uploaded 11 videos today to Facebook, but I only uploaded 2 of them to Yahoo Video.)
emelle

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went through and watched from your most recent yahoo posts all the way back to Cheryl's birthday video for you (because that was the last one I saw last time I tried to watch these). The biggest reason I do not have a FB account is because I still have a dial-up connection (because I choose not to pay for anything faster and there is no good wireless signal for me to wardrive here) and it takes me hours to watch 2-minute videos... and then also, if I have enough time to MAINTAIN a FB account then I have too much time.
So thank you again for maintaining this blog; thank you again for posting to yahoo and reminding me from time to time to go there. Are you sure you wouldn't like to sell your house in Lexington, move to La-La-Land and manage my career by way of writing and filming little videos for me? I'm sure you must be famous by now (at least on the 'net), so why not come out here and help me get famous?
btw, do you use the landline phone I gave you (you know, the one without a sufficient ringer)?
emelle

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: Five reasons I took a FaceBREAK! Reply with quote

When looking for the comics I get in my Hotmail account this morning, this link was in my sidebar of "news". I like this article, because it exactly details what I was never able to completely explain. Again, Brett, I thank you for maintaining this blog for simple people like ME who choose not to check into that enormous hotel!
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

emelle wrote:
Are you sure you wouldn't like to sell your house in Lexington, move to La-La-Land and manage my career by way of writing and filming little videos for me? I'm sure you must be famous by now (at least on the 'net), so why not come out here and help me get famous?

I would love to move to California and start writing and filming little videos for you to share on Facebook. On the other hand, I don't want to sell my house, and I don't have enough income to keep my KY house and move to California both. Dang.

Guess I'll stay here in Lexington for a little while longer.

You can visit me at http://Facebook.com/JBMason now. (I've written and filmed many little videos of my own since the last time you visited.)

emelle wrote:
btw, do you use the landline phone I gave you (you know, the one without a sufficient ringer)?

I do, indeed! It is so dang reliable.
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:08 am    Post subject: wide-open Facebook photo albums Reply with quote

Some Facebook photo galleries that are not restricted to Facebook users -- anyone can view them, if they click the links below:

family gathering
http://facebook.com/album.php?aid=2178480&id=12920142&l=58209b249e

another family gathering
http://facebook.com/album.php?aid=2179264&id=12920142&l=648e79bd7f

free pancake day at IHOP
http://facebook.com/album.php?aid=2190262&id=12920142&l=9380913a01

selections from 2002 and 2003
http://facebook.com/album.php?aid=2300281&id=12920142&l=9b8e05a5b4

3-dimensional photos
http://facebook.com/album.php?aid=2303206&id=12920142&l=5bac15c1b3

miscellaneous pix
http://facebook.com/album.php?aid=2036239&id=12920142&l=760569b71a
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jbmason/3664489659/
emelle

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing ROFLMAO! Laughing
emelle

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So here I am again, justifying AGAIN why I'm not on FB... yes, I am glad it exists because my college buds are on and got Stephen to look for me, and sort-of find me (altho he actually really DID find my because of the nearly-obsolete MySpace, to be more specific)... but I've just received word from Cheryl that now my best friend from elementary school is looking for me. WHY? This is the quandary: I have changed my name (and equivalent persona) 3 times since she knew me... I lost her as my "best friend" when a new girl moved into town and took over, and I was too young to know how to move on from that until we moved out of state... so I've been living my life, and here I am in California, loving who I've become, and accidentally using THE SECRET (or more specifically, the Law of Attraction) to bring back one of the people I don't NEED to bring back into my life. FB BRINGS BACK PEOPLE YOU DON'T NEED IN YOUR LIFE! I occasionally look at Stephen's account to see if the college buds are up to anything interesting, and until he gets intoxicated with Brett, he's not going to "friend" him, so I still won't be able to watch the videos Brett posts. My dial-up connection is still too slow for me to watch videos, and the status updates that MOST people post are inane or boring! I just don't care that much! The people that I NEED to keep in contact with I am ABLE to keep in contact with by email, phone, and texting. Why must I be FOUND by people from my distant past, or even ex-friends from my recent past? I don't know how to reply to the latest searcher... and I lost sleep last night trying to compose the right message. I'm sure she is unaware that my young heart was broken by the loss of her friendship, but that I have since recovered and don't harbor any ill will nor pinings for a reconnect... does this make me stuck-up? or just secure?
emelle

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case anyone was worried about my quandary and just didn't have a good insight to post (ah, me!) FEAR NOT. Stephen helped me compose a decent email to the former best friend, and we even got to look at her FB profile pic. Cheryl, if you look at her pic you will know her instantly because she looks EXACTLY the same, only older.

I think this is all I have to say on this subject. I feel good today; FB doesn't matter to me but I'm not antagonistic towards it. At least not today.
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

emelle wrote:
FB doesn't matter to me but I'm not antagonistic towards it. At least not today.

When a woman's in wedding mode, Facebook becomes an amazingly excellent way to coordinate pre-wedding stuff like going dress shopping with bridesmaids and whatnot.

IN OTHER NEWS, I think fondly of that little throwaway trip to your local Farmer's Market every time I look at my Facebook profile. Why? Because a self-portrait I shot there is my default photo:
http://facebook.com/jbmason

UPDATE ON SEPT 3: switched from the California profile pic to a Florida profile pic.
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Special message for the birthday girl.

JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New plan:

Now that this discussion forum has fallen into disuse, with 1 person making a post once a month, I am going to shut it down soon. The world has changed, ya know. No one cares about this website anymore. Everyone is on Facebook.

So here's what that 1 stubborn person is required to do next:
1. Go to Tumblr
2. Set up a new account
3. Make special arrangements with me so that emelle.lexjb.com points to that new Tumblr page
4. Tell all her friends and family to subscribe to her new Tumblr page.

Buh-bye.
emelle

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, if no one else cares about my personal posts here at lexjb anymore, then I guess I get to go back to being even more of a Luddite than I already am. I have no intentions of joining any more social networks or linking myself to any other pages. you can learn of my goings-on by phone or by way of my husband's FB page, but that's it for me directly online (unless you happen to email me a question I can email back). sorry you hate this particular forum so much. I'm outie. Sad Rolling Eyes
Dad

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:08 pm    Post subject: I still read it Reply with quote

emelle wrote:
well, if no one else cares about my personal posts here at lexjb anymore, then I guess I get to go back to being even more of a Luddite than I already am. I have no intentions of joining any more social networks or linking myself to any other pages. you can learn of my goings-on by phone or by way of my husband's FB page, but that's it for me directly online (unless you happen to email me a question I can email back). sorry you hate this particular forum so much. I'm outie. Sad Rolling Eyes
So what if she doesn't want to be on Facebook, I enjoy the fact that when I read her posts I am happy for her.
Dad
netgeek64

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brett, don't be an ass.
Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Mommy's favorite Bible verse)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's too late. I yam what I yam.

I feel that this website, my website, is overdue for a good closing. And since we only have 1 blogger left, why not redirect that blogger to a FREE, EASY-TO-USE, much-more-21st-century blogging platform? Why not get myself out of the webmaster business and point her to a place where she can be her own acting-website webmaster?

You'll thank me later, when you're able to see her posts in an RSS feed viewer like Firefox's Live Bookmarks, or Google Reader, or (my favorite) Friendfeed. That's not possible if she stays here.

(Alternately, she'll get completely off the web and stick to phone calls or something. Que sera, sera.)
netgeek64

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBMason wrote:

I feel that this website, my website, is overdue for a good closing. And since we only have 1 blogger left, why not redirect that blogger to a FREE, EASY-TO-USE, much-more-21st-century blogging platform? Why not get myself out of the webmaster business and point her to a place where she can be her own acting-website webmaster?

You'll thank me later, when you're able to see her posts in an RSS feed viewer like Firefox's Live Bookmarks, or Google Reader, or (my favorite) Friendfeed. That's not possible if she stays here.

(Alternately, she'll get completely off the web and stick to phone calls or something. Que sera, sera.)

I see your point, but, the ruthlessness of your bullying isn't always effective. Are you on Tumblr? I'll change my bookmarks immediately.
Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Mommy's favorite Bible verse)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
emelle

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBMason wrote:

FREE, EASY-TO-USE, much-more-21st-century blogging platform?

I went there. I looked at the "why?" page and I'm overwhelmed. I don't consider myself a blogger - I like reading Basic Instructions and themissy.com, and I will sometimes comment on either of those sites, but that's been exactly what I've been doing here, only for just you "members" who care about what I think or what I'm doing. How much real work is it for you, Brett, to leave this site up? I understand you don't like posting here. I understand no one else seems to care to post unless we get into a little argument over this site's (or some other's) usefulness (or lack thereof). Can't you just let me keep living in my dreamworld that there are in fact people who might post here and catch me up on their lives? Why you gotta be a hater? Wink
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Special message:

There are 500 million people, worldwide, who play by Facebook's rules. But I know 1 person -- and ONLY 1 person -- who wants to play by her own rules.
netgeek64

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBMason wrote:
Special message:

There are 500 million people, worldwide, who play by Facebook's rules. But I know 1 person -- and ONLY 1 person -- who wants to play by her own rules.

Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    talk.LexJB.com Forum Index -> Holla back All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: