return to LexJB.com talk.LexJB.com
made obsolete by http://Facebook.com/JBMason

SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

well, you wanted us to help a brotha out

View previous topic :: View next topic  
emelle

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: well, you wanted us to help a brotha out Reply with quote

so i guess i'm helping you out. i personally think this is a good idea; we'll see how it sticks, but basically, it will allow you to stay in the loop with the rest of us, won't it?

love you, bro.
your cali sis
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, maybe I'll stay in the loop with the rest of y'all.

netgeek64

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: Holla back Reply with quote

nice picture! where did you get all of that hair?
Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Mommy's favorite Bible verse)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Holla back Reply with quote

netgeek64 wrote:
nice picture! where did you get all of that hair?

That photo is super-old. I shot it when I was just getting going in my life of ballroom dance.

Wow, this phpBB stuff is working better than I thought it would!
netgeek64

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject: Holla back Reply with quote

I'm so glad. will you be making money off of this attempt, too?
Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Mommy's favorite Bible verse)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: Holla back Reply with quote

netgeek64 wrote:
I'm so glad. will you be making money off of this attempt, too?

I don't know how valuable these discussions will be to the Google Adsense program -- probably not valuable at all. So I doubt I'll throw Google ads here in the forums. On the other hand, I would like to attach Google ads to my photo galleries once I write some decent captions. I know from experience that websurfers hit my site constantly with some really bizarre image-search queries. Maybe I can translate other people's image queries into Brett's travel funds.
netgeek64

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 9:10 am    Post subject: Holla back Reply with quote

I'm so glad your image gallery will have a chance. I'd love to see you make a huge success of this wacky, internet thing!
emelle

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: RE: photos and ballroom Reply with quote

love the photo you have posted for yourself as admin of this site - those are some sharp glasses, even if you DON'T need 'em... and I recognized the ballroom photo; and want to remind everyone that you are my inspiration for having registered at Arthur Murray. Have attended one group class and one practice party and now must schedule my private instruction, but I'm on my way to being as graceful as you! Very Happy
airmasn

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what up
emelle

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: "WHAT UP"??? Reply with quote

c'mon, Danny! what kinda reply is "what up"? we done been talkin 'bout "what up"! Rolling Eyes

what up witchoo?
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: RE: photos and ballroom Reply with quote

emelle wrote:
Have attended one group class and one practice party and now must schedule my private instruction, but I'm on my way to being as graceful as you! Very Happy

It'll be pretty dang difficult to match/exceed my gracefulness or my mad skillz wit da hottiez on da dance flo.
emelle

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: "mad skilz wit da hotties"? Reply with quote

I don't intend to match/exceed those! I only ASPIRE to attain your level of GRACE! And add "excellent ballroom dancer" to my special abilities on my acting resume', of course. Very Happy
hloaroo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBMason wrote:
Yeah, maybe I'll stay in the loop with the rest of y'all.

I love this picture of you. It reminds me of when I first met you. Remember? You had on a name tag that said, "Brett the Mushroom." I asked if that was because you're short. I crack myself up (a habit which I recently learned irritates you.) You explained that it was because you're a fun guy. Good times, good times. Smile
emelle

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

airmasn wrote:
what up

Whatever happened to that Danny Mason? He dipped a toe in the blog/chat waters and then I think I may have scared him away with my little reprimand. I miss that kid; I wish he'd dip another toe in these waters.
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emelle wrote:
Whatever happened to that Danny Mason?

Those of us who are connected to him on MySpace know that he rarely posts comments, but he apparently does check his profile (and others' profiles) regularly for new comments. He's not the only one like that. I think I saw an article once about how the vast majority of people hitting discussion groups are nothing more than lurkers. *cough* *DAD* *cough cough*

http://profile.myspace.com/dmandjbm
emelle

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBMason wrote:
the vast majority of people hitting discussion groups are nothing more than lurkers. *cough* *DAD* *cough cough*

roflmao Laughing

I've been getting the distinct impression that he's been "lurking" here... waiting for us to update... not signed in, so he appears as a "guest"... but what about you? I've seen a "hidden" visitor once - how does one hide unless one is the administrator, hmm?
Dad

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

False accusations will get you nowhere. I have ("*cough* *DAD* *cough cough*) my browser set to automatically log me in every time I go to the site. One place to look might be LexKY. Your family is not afraid to state their minds.

Sincerely yours,
Renegade

JBMason wrote:
emelle wrote:
Whatever happened to that Danny Mason?

He's not the only one like that. I think I saw an article once about how the vast majority of people hitting discussion groups are nothing more than lurkers. *cough* *DAD* *cough cough*

http://profile.myspace.com/dmandjbm

JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Dad's right, I usually check for updates here without logging in, so maybe it shows me as hidden. I don't specifically tell the system to hide me, but I'm browsing as a guest, and maybe all guests are considered "hidden," dunno.

Hey, congratulations to Dad for being the second user with an avatar.
emelle

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBMason wrote:
maybe it shows me as hidden. I'm browsing as a guest. Hey, congratulations to Dad for being the second user with an avatar.

I've decided to have it always show me as hidden... it is a command you can set in your profile.

And I TRIED to set an avatar, but in order to shrink my photos to 6 KB they are like 6 pixels by 6 pixels! At 80x80, I'm looking at ~20 KB. So I guess the Renegade's right about that one, too. My photos, all being professional headshots, etc., are too high a resolution to shrink.
Dad

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually use 2 programs to make avatars. MS Resize from Powertoys (thanks Brett), then photoshop where I save it as Web photo. What photo did you choose? and can you send it as an attachment to me.

Renegade

emelle wrote:

And I TRIED to set an avatar, but in order to shrink my photos to 6 KB they are like 6 pixels by 6 pixels! At 80x80, I'm looking at ~20 KB. So I guess the Renegade's right about that one, too. My photos, all being professional headshots, etc., are too high a resolution to shrink.[/quote]
netgeek64

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As this thread started and ended on the same day and appears to be about the beginnings of forum-running and usage, I have nothing to contribute, so I'll simply say Happy 4th to anyone who checks in on this particular topic.
emelle

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

netgeek64 wrote:
As this thread started and ended on the same day...

HUH? Look again - it took us about a week to cover everything we covered! But thanks for the "Happy 4th" and back atcha!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    talk.LexJB.com Forum Index -> Holla back All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: