return to LexJB.com talk.LexJB.com
made obsolete by http://Facebook.com/JBMason

SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

something for nothing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: something for nothing Reply with quote

After being deferred twice since February (for low iron), I was able to donate blood today, and I got the best blood-donor reward I've ever gotten:

free ticket to King's Island

Then, when I was having a snack while recovering from the donation experience, a staff member came up to me and gave me another excellent piece of paper:

free milkshake at Chick-Fil-A

I do believe that there is a drinkable dessert and a fake Eiffel Tower at King's Island in my near future!
MaryAnn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: congratulations! Reply with quote

You have turned 4 months of candy-eating into one pint of useable blood!
Dad

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Just Adding an article I ran across Reply with quote

health researchers told a conference in San Antonio, Texas, in January that they had treated a well-fed college student who had come down with the old-time mariner's disease of scurvy (absence of vitamin C in the student's steady diet of cheese, crackers, cookies and soda).
netgeek64

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because there is no test to screen for mad-cow disease, I am forbidden to give blood, because I lived in England between 1986 and 1988. This makes me sad as I was a regular contributor from 1982 until cows started frothing at the mouth (except for every other time when I was rejected for iron-poor blood). I also donated plasma. I wish there was a screening test for mad-cow. I ask every time, because I know that is what gets me kicked out. I love the freebies, but I'm not a natural deceiver like my brother. I know he has a much more resourceful way of acquiring free things, but my conscience pricks me too often. I have had coworkers say "Just try. You'll get the bennies without having to give!" I'm just not like that.
Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Mommy's favorite Bible verse)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
circe_pleading

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:06 pm    Post subject: Chick Fil A Goodness Reply with quote

I went to a neighborhood block party downtown, which featured 16 free! bands, playing from 6pm 'til midnight and the Chick Fil A cow gave me a coupon for free ice cream; since I have to be myself and eat low-sugar non-dairy frozen treats, I'll tuck it into a pocket postcard for you.

Since I'm housesitting [garden/cat/plant sitting] I am eating free! vegetables, yum. I'm also currently enjoying happy hour at Soma, where one can consume 2 shots for the price of one during happy hour. [Which, apparently, it is.]

I also got a lot of free kicks out of the new Star Wars stamps; they cost the same as normal stamps but they are A LOT cooler.

I'll be in Cincinnati proper Friday, August 17th, Saturday, August 18th, and Sunday, August 19th ... [yes, I know, I miss Sugar Hill, I hate my family and their planning]. We should make some plans.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    talk.LexJB.com Forum Index -> Holla back All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: