return to LexJB.com talk.LexJB.com
made obsolete by http://Facebook.com/JBMason

SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bourne Ultimatum

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:39 am    Post subject: Bourne Ultimatum Reply with quote

Last night was opening night of The Bourne Ultimatum, and Mary Ann, Danielle and I decided to see it. We went to the 9:20 show -- sold out. We drove to a nearby theater for the 9:45 show -- sold out. We drove back to the first theater for the 10:05 show -- success!

If you think my first paragraph was exciting, just wait until you see this movie! What a tense movie, start to finish. Lots of excitement, with hardly any moments quiet enough for you to open a crinkly Jolly Rancher wrapper without disturbing your neighbors.

As I've said in other reviews, you'll get your money's worth. On the other hand, you'll leave the cineplex trying to figure out how many people could actually survive all the hard knocks that Jason Bourne survived:
http://www.straightdope.com/columns/050311.html

emelle

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to see this movie but felt like I should have watched the first two recently to remind myself of the women in his past, more than anything. I don't remember the scene that you've included a snapshot of - is that from an earlier installment?

I have to say, I HATE the camera work in this flick! I know it's meant to make me feel like I'm there, but frankly, after he's just beaten the crap out of seven cops or shot three bad guys or rammed his car into another ten, I DON'T WANT TO BE THERE! Other than that, I was "edge of my seat" when I could actually see (or my brain filled in the gaps of) what was happening.

Well worth the $5.50 twilight matinée price.
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

emelle wrote:
the scene that you've included a snapshot of - is that from an earlier installment?

Yeah, it is. I wanted to include a picture in my review, to spice up the review a little, but I couldn't find a picture from Bourne Ultimatum on Google Images that I liked.

emelle wrote:
I HATE the camera work in this flick!

Amen, sister!

emelle wrote:

It is a simple pleasure in my life, noticing that my sister is typing an accented e in her post.
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a tiny anecdote to add to this discussion...

When Danielle, Mary Ann, and I arrived at the cineplex to watch this movie, I was the first one at the box-office window, and I told the cashier I wanted "three for Bourne Tomato." The response was an immediate, "we're sold out." (The proper response would have been "did you say Bourne Tomato?")
emelle

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBMason wrote:
emelle wrote:
It is a simple pleasure in my life, noticing that my sister is typing an accented e in her post.

Ah, if only I could type an accented e! Either talk.lexjb.com or Firefox offered it as a correction to "matinee" and I took it.
emelle

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBMason wrote:
Here's a tiny anecdote to add to this discussion...

When I got to the ticket window, there was a van loading up a mess of old farts. The sign in the window said "sorry, but we can't take credit cards" while the box office guy said "well, we can, as long as you're not purchasing a senior ticket"... the matinée price was the same as the senior price. So I could get 5 1/2 miles on my credit card but the old farts can't? What up wit dat? Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    talk.LexJB.com Forum Index -> Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: