return to LexJB.com talk.LexJB.com
made obsolete by http://Facebook.com/JBMason

SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Temp For All Seasons

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:00 am    Post subject: A Temp For All Seasons Reply with quote

Today, when I saw my sister write about Mad Men for the zillionth time, I popped over to her IMDB page to see if she's getting any credit for being on the Mad Men show. Nope!

So then I decided to search around for the other stuff she's officially done, and I found a page that is hosting a 5-minute re-cut of the short film "A Temp For All Seasons." Here, see for yourself:

http://www.thelot.com/films/17021

I'm guessing that we can see a whole lot more of her performance in the official 11-minute version because she doesn't do much in that 5-minute version. But I'm glad I was able to watch it. Emelle amused me with her nodding.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Now, judging from the 5 pages of IMDB user comments on B T K Killer, that movie must be very easy to find in the video store. I reckon I'll go check!!
emelle

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, PLEASE do not bother with BTK! My ex sent me an email after he'd seen it to say "I saw you"... and I thought he'd come to California to find me! Of 500 reviews that I bothered to read, 3 LOVED the movie (I think they were either involved with the production or involved with the director or maybe they all WERE the director) and the other 497 LOATHED it. NOT WORTH YOUR TIME OR ANY MONEY YOU COULD POSSIBLY SPEND.

Re: A Temp For All Seasons, thank you for that quick shout-out. It was a film festival piece that managed to win some awards in the festival, and I'm not quite sure how I got the part I got, since I wasn't registered to audition, even. My favorite screen credit comes from that movie, tho, and it reads "dolly grip" - the person who steers the camera dolly (with camera operator) into position. It's not the kind of job one ever expects a petite woman to do, and I did it, so they gave me the credit.

I spoke with my agent re: Mad Men and imdb, and she's all for me adding the credit. I'm one of many secretaries who've been getting our faces in the papers, but I haven't really wanted to keep any of those clippings, because it is strictly background (I mention it a zillion times because it happens to be my latest consistent job).
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night's episode of Mad Men is on the BitTorrent lists this morning, so I'll soon see it and see if anyone I know is in it.

http://tvrss.net/feeds/
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, I don't see anyone I know (in last night's Mad Men episode).

I need y'all to tell me if I should scrutinize the scenes from the advertising office, or the Menken's superstore, or maybe some other scene. Also, if you have a copy of the show, give me some time info, like "watch the staircase at the 17-minute mark."
netgeek64

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because it was on past my bedtime last night, I taped it. Dad and I will watch it together when we get the VCR hooked up to the tv. I'll let you know at that time what we see and when we see it.
Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Mommy's favorite Bible verse)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

netgeek64 wrote:
I'll let you know at that time what we see and when we see it.

Uhhhhh, this is not gonna work, if you're giving me time-stamps that include VCR-taped commercials, and I'm watching a TV file which has zero commercials. Can you subtract the complete length of all commercial breaks from your analysis, please?
netgeek64

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. I'm not going to waste one second of my unpaid vacation on video analysis as I find that and the intricacies of photography - digital or otherwise - to be quite tedious. I intend to watch the show and enjoy myself. If or when I see her, I will make a note of what's happening in the scene and where I saw her. I will leave the hard work up to you.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go get my nails done.
Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Mommy's favorite Bible verse)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
emelle

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay... thank you to all who are looking for me. Let me clarify from my end.

As I said to Mommy when I was photo-doubling Elisha Cuthbert on "24" and she would excitedly ask, "was that you? was that you?" - with "24", if it wasn't episode 5, 6, or 7 of season 3, OR if the character was speaking, it WAS NOT ME.

With Mad Men, you all know that I said my episodes would begin with this last Thursday's, so at least you know you're looking at the right episodes. I have not yet seen the episode, because I have no TV, dial-up (so no BitTorrent), and I was working Thursday so I couldn't hang with a friend. But Jen, who got me on the show and was very visible in the week before, has TiVo and will have me over to her house to watch it by the time the next episode airs.

Here is where you should ALWAYS look for me, if I'm ever actually visible (which I know I will be, some time): in the Sterling Cooper Ad Agency. I've never been in a stairwell; I've never been in an apartment or house or outdoors or at the department store. I'm never really alone - there are always secretaries, ad execs, and principal office characters on screen with me. And I'm not the receptionist, so I don't sit under the "Sterling Cooper" sign. That's usually my friend Dawn.

If you want to catch a glimpse of what I look like, since I don't look the way you all remember me, look at Part 3 of the "Making of Mad Men". This is the exact link I've always sent you to, but probably you've been to busy to watch the "making of" since Daddy sent that photo of January Jones, who plays Betty Draper on the show.
Dad

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: wrong one Reply with quote

Last edited by Dad on Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
netgeek64

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After Daddy told me about your curlers every morning, I knew what to look for. I found you on the "making of" and told daddy to post the shot. Then I went back and rewatched the tape and found you. Daddy is BitTorrenting the episode now and he will timestamp it and all of that crap for Brett.

At least, I think that's you.
emelle

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: is this you? Reply with quote

Dad wrote:
making of madmen episode 3

Okay, further clarification... Making of Mad Men PART 3
    Never anywhere but the office

It's a "behind the scenes" shot, not part of an episode

I "strike a pose" for the "behind the scenes" documentarian (also known as EPK - Electronic Press Kit)... I'm wearing a gray dress and cat's eye glasses.

I dunno who that chick is, but I find it really funny that you guys can't find me. The info I gave above is the original info I gave Daddy before he sent out the January Jones photo (except I didn't say I was in the office).
Dad

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, one more time.

emelle

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THIRD TIME'S THE CHARM!

Go Daddy, Go Daddy...

Dad

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. I am so pleased to receive this honor. I will remember it as long as I can.,

Iy was a collaborative effort between me and your sister.

Daddy
netgeek64

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I found her. I BitTorrented the damn thing - are you happy, now?

She's at 13:45 straightening up from filing. As Don and Mrs. Menken are walking toward the camera, emelle is the leftmost human being all the way in the back.

She's also, possibly, at 14:23, but it's just her head and whatever she's reading as she's walking towards the left and Harry and the newlywed guy (can't remember his name now - it might be Pete) are going into the office behind her.

Do what you can.
emelle

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Go Cheryl, Go Cheryl... Reply with quote

I still have not seen the episode to verify your find, but I know for a FACT that the very first bit of background action I ever did on this show was...
    FILING!

The other bit could very well be me, reading an interoffice message or looking at an envelope or in a file and just walking with it. And yes, the newlywed's name is Pete.

Way to go, considering you didn't want to put so much effort in. Thank you for putting so much effort in. Now that you guys know what to look for, you probably won't have to put so much effort in again. Now you can just enjoy the show and go, "hey, there she is!" and get on with your lives.
emelle

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Internet Movie Database Reply with quote

JBMason wrote:
I popped over to her IMDb page to see if she's getting any credit for being on the Mad Men show. Nope!
Still don't have Mad Men credited, but my STARmeter's down 4% since last week and I'm finally properly credited for I.See.You.com, which means if you do an IMDb search for "emelle" you will not see the bad horror movie listed as my most recent credit! Yay! When the Mad Men credit goes through, that will be my most recent credit (and should also bring my STARmeter back up). Another way to bring up my STARmeter is to search for me on IMDb on a weekly basis.
netgeek64

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Internet Movie Database Reply with quote

emelle wrote:
Another way to bring up my STARmeter is to search for me on IMDb on a weekly basis.

I'll put it on my calendar. Will daily be even better than weekly? I can be the crazed searcher, if that is what is required of me. It's the least I can do for my (almost) famous sister. Smile
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest episode of Mad Men did not appear on any BitTorrent lists until today, so I'm downloading it right now and will post new vidcaps soon.

Also, there's a new user today who looks legit: Eve Curtis.

Time for me to close the registration section!
emelle

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Internet Movie Database Reply with quote

netgeek64 wrote:
Will daily be even better than weekly?
Oh, no, daily will not be better... it's a measure of fame, so to speak, but the site can tell if it's being constantly hit by the same computer. Hit the links on the individual credits, so the MovieMeter goes up for the shows, which means that "more people" are familiar with the shows and therefore more familiar with me. One hit per week is sufficient. It'll go way up once the Mad Men credit is there (by the way, Eve Curtis is not only legit, but she also has Mad Men already credited on IMDb).
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Internet Movie Database Reply with quote

emelle wrote:
I'm finally properly credited for I.See.You.com

Right now, I'm downloading three torrents:
  • Mad Men S01E05
  • I-See-You.com (2006)
  • Keeping Mum (2005)

So now ya know!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    talk.LexJB.com Forum Index -> Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: