return to LexJB.com talk.LexJB.com
made obsolete by http://Facebook.com/JBMason

SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

90 Minutes In Heaven

View previous topic :: View next topic  
netgeek64

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: 90 Minutes In Heaven Reply with quote

This review is for a book.

Don Piper was a Baptist minister in Texas. In January of 1989, he was killed in a totally horrific car wreck. His body was mangled and had bones missing. A fellow minister came upon the accident scene and, at God's urging, prayed for the dead man. Ninety minutes after he had been declared dead, Don Piper came back to life. He really had been declared dead - by policemen, paramedics and the mortuary attendant. While he was dead, he was in heaven. His description of what happened to him and the long, depressing struggle to a "new normal" life make up this book. He certainly wasn't happy with God for making him come back, but his arduous recovery has helped hundreds of thousands of people - physically and/or spiritually injured.

I found his descriptions of heaven and being instantly in the presence of God to be quite compelling. I picked up this book at a July 4th picnic. I began reading it and was overwhelmed with joy, knowing what Mommy saw at the instant of her death. I had to check the book out of the library so I could finish it. I found an immense comfort, reading this story. I feel liberated from fear and grief. I will live my life to its fullest, knowing that no matter when I am taken home, I will be satisfied. I can be content here, knowing how happy I will be in the end.

Emelle, you were right. The timelessness (you know - Mommy always said that "time" was invented by man) of heaven is mentioned and the joy - the utter lack of sadness and the fullness of pure peace. I am so happy knowing Mommy is where she's supposed to be, free from pain and mental anguish; no longer tired, but always singing.
Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Mommy's favorite Bible verse)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
emelle

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Cheryl. This will be the next book I check out from the library. Why don't you suggest Daddy read it, while you still have your library's copy in your possession?

Now that you've found a level of peace and satisfaction, I'm sure Mommy has been watching that moment (maybe over and over) since her arrival.
emelle

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had requested a copy from my library and they finally called me yesterday to let me know it was in... so I read it, and before it's due back, I think I'll read it again. I've already called Kyle to suggest she read it (I'd already given her two copies of THE BOOK since she's lost so many loved ones in a short span of time) - I think if Daddy gets a chance to read it (and Brett and Rachel, you should too) he may find it's a good addition to THE BOOK as part of our ministry (although I dunno that we'll necessarily want to hand them out - maybe just recommend it).

I want to see the "reenactment" that was done by The 700 Club... and when he stated that he's now the Singles Minister at 1st Bapt. of Pasadena, I got all excited to find him next Sunday - until he stated that Pasadena is a suburb of Houston, doggone it!
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

emelle wrote:
I want to see the "reenactment" that was done by The 700 Club

Here's a search that might help you:
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=90-minutes+heaven&hl=en
Post new topic   Reply to topic    talk.LexJB.com Forum Index -> Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: