return to LexJB.com talk.LexJB.com
made obsolete by http://Facebook.com/JBMason

SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hairspray

View previous topic :: View next topic  
emelle

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:06 am    Post subject: Hairspray Reply with quote

OMG - If you love a big, splashy, musical-for-the-sake-of-musicals, then you will enjoy Hairspray. I find it unfortunate that the role of Mama Edna MUST be played by a man in drag, tho, rather than finding some full-figured (i.e. FAT) woman who can sing and dance to do the part. I know they probably needed John Travolta for his name, but he was NOT convincing as a woman... and when he and Christopher Walken did their duet, I was really nervous about the outcome. But the movie on the whole was fun, and Michelle Pfeiffer and Queen Latifah were fabulous.
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:24 am    Post subject: Re: Hairspray Reply with quote

emelle wrote:
If you love a big, splashy, musical-for-the-sake-of-musicals

Nope!

(Glad you liked it, though.)
hloaroo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVED this movie! In fact, I walked out of the theater after the movie, got in my car, drove to Target and bought the soundtrack. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    talk.LexJB.com Forum Index -> Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: