return to LexJB.com talk.LexJB.com
made obsolete by http://Facebook.com/JBMason

SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

birthday(s)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    talk.LexJB.com Forum Index -> Special board (or blog) for emelle
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emelle wins!

And Dad kinda wins, too, since he is having a birthday.
Dad

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Dad kinda wins, too, since he is having a birthday.

You are right, I won. Twelve of us went to Red Lobster; Mama, Cheryl, Sarah, Aiken, Leroy, Joyce, Dot, Pegi, Dan, Ken, Betty and myself. I won because no one came around and sang and made me wear a foam lobster hat. Then everyone came to my townhouse and had cake and Mango sherbert (courtesy of Cheryl). We toasted the occasion with soda in plastic champagne classes. Everyone said they could only stay for a moment but it turned into a very nice evening event. I am grateful for Cheryl and the rest of our collected and real family.
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'd known there'd be Red Lobster and birthday cake, I might have come down this weekend. (But then I would have missed my visit with Kari and my exciting side-view mirror explosion.)
Dad

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess what I got from Cheryl for my birthday? The 17 DVD complete collection of the Emma Peel Avenger series. That is a 60's - 70's Brit show. Starring Diana Rigg as Emma Peel. She dresses in 60's high fashion, always wears gloves and sometimes pearls, BUT when she is working she wears a tight black leather outfit with high heel boots. I still can't understand why I like the series. Maybe I will figure it out someday.
netgeek64

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:45 am    Post subject: Happy birthday, Heather! Reply with quote

Happy, happy birthday, Heather! Congratulations on turning the big 3-0! I know it will be the most awesome day of your life. Have fun and make Brett buy you something nice (like lunch - I think he's back in his "frugal" state, so don't expect diamonds Smile )
Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Mommy's favorite Bible verse)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rmgreen15

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mama, you are a sneaky myspace information collector.

it's not a bad thing- it just cracks me up that i know how YOU knew it is heather's birthday Smile

and a VERY happy birthday, to you, from me, as well, heather!!! (maybe your husband will give you diamonds for this extravagent birthday Laughing )
netgeek64

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rmgreen15 wrote:
mama, you are a sneaky myspace information collector.

it's not a bad thing- it just cracks me up that i know how YOU knew it is heather's birthday Smile

there's nothing sneaky when in both Facebook and MySpace Heather has been loudly proclaiming this very important day's arrival. her cheerful blog post was too "jubilant" to ignore. Very Happy
Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Mommy's favorite Bible verse)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
hloaroo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, thank you for your happy birthdays!!!!!

I haven't been this excited about a birthday since I was a kid. It's been GREAT! I have arrived!

Just to let you guys know, Brett is, indeed, taking me to lunch today. Smile

Alex didn't get me diamonds, but he did get me what I've been wanting - a lime green iPod Nano. He even got me an orange "sock" to put it in.
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

birthday lunch with Heather:

This was shot about an hour ago, I promise you! Thought y'all might need some evidence that Heather is having a happy 30th.
Dad

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I am the last one to wish you a Happy 3-0
! Very Happy
hloaroo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the happy wishes! It was a GREAT day! I wish I could turn 30 every day. Wink
emelle

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dad wrote:
Sorry I am the last one to wish you a Happy 3-0 ! Very Happy
U R not - I could be! I was on set all day and never logged on, so I'm definitely belated. So glad the day was special for you, Heather!
hloaroo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emelle wrote:
So glad the day was special for you, Heather!

Thank you - it was wonderful! And I still have "happy birthday's" trickling in via MySpace, so you are not the last. Smile
emelle

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO CHERYL! Reply with quote

How lame is this? Here it is, day half over, and I of course remembered it was coming up, daily, weekly, until the day actually arrives and I have no reason to look at a calendar and notice the date.

Cheryl, despite your doctor-ordered bedrest, I do hope your day manages to be utterly fantastic. Or maybe you'll just end up celebrating this weekend when you're back on your feet. Also, I wish you a speedy recovery and lots of Flexoril to help you feel no pain.

I imagine everyone else has already spread their birthday wishes to you via some other blog space, but we all know I don't do that sort of thing. So maybe I'll be the only one to post here. I sure miss the repartee we all used to share here!

On another happy note (not to clutter the sentiment here or anything, but 'na na na na na'), MILES has FOUND a NEW HOME! His new person is a rather lonely disabled woman who is home all day and has lots of love to give him. YAY! Thank you, Cheryl, for allowing me to celebrate my own personal success on YOUR birthday!
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This morning I posted comments on Cheryl's MySpace and Facebook accounts, but I failed to post a comment here...

Happy birthday, Cheryl!

big memorable day for you, indeed
emelle

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, here it is, nearly a year after Brett started this forum, and no one really ever posts here anymore but really infrequently. But as I am still anti-"those other forums" I must post here.

Happy Birthday, Rachel!

I love ya, I surely do. -- Auntie
Dad

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:52 pm    Post subject: ML's Reply with quote

Guess who forgot today was emelle's birthday. Can you say ME!

HAPPY Birthday

for easy reading of the second word, left click and slide across. I tried to make it invisible, but have no idea what actual color the background is!
hloaroo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Birthday, emelle!!!!! I hope you're having an awesome day doing fun and exciting things! Smile
emelle

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daddy didn't really forget, he just forgot to get "that special something" in the mail b4 today. Thank you, all who didn't forget (ahem, Rachel, weren't we just chatting yesterday about it "coming up"?). It has been MOST FABULOUS today. I started with a callback audition that was supposed to have been scheduled for Friday or yesterday, but was postponed to today so we at the audition could have a REASON for gathering (supposed to be a family reunion... my birthday, you see, was as good a reason as any), as well as giving me an additional day to recover from the quick cold I got on Saturday.

THEN I went with Rene' (yes, former boyfriend who used to love dressing me) to his favorite second-hand store and bought MYSELF 4 (yes, FOUR) only slightly-used pairs of legitimate dance shoes from "Dancing With The Stars" (maybe you've heard of the show?) because one of my Arthur Murray pals had pointed out that they were on sale there for cheap. I paid less than I would have for one brand-new pair (in fact, less than half what I would have for one brand-new pair) at a dancewear store. And the A.M. pal showed up to see if she could supplement the DOZEN pair she'd already bought! Then Rene' took me for lunch. Finally friends with him, which is great.

THEN I went to the bank, and since they don't do lollipops anymore, I got a Cinderella sticker to slap to my chest... THEN I went to Trader Joe's to chat with my cashier friend and got a personalized balloon ("It's My B-Day Smile") which I carried around in my car and displayed to passing traffic on my way to my dance class and private lesson... where they tried to embarrass Embarassed me by singing to me... like I haven't already been acting like a huge kid with my sticker and balloon and yelling to pedestrians "Happy My Birthday!"... RIIIIIIIIIIGGHHHHHTT Cool

Got home to discover my Scat Mat had arrived, as well as my unemployment check and my bill for health insurance premium (all GOOD things to have arrived in the mail).

So now I'm all dressed up to go to my Samba class and then sing at Howl At The Moon late tonight, come home to crash sleep and then go to work at Mad Men tomorrow. I'll be so beat but it will be so worth it.

What a great day today's been; think I'll celebrate all month.
Smile Very Happy Laughing Very Happy Smile Very Happy Laughing Very Happy Smile Very Happy Laughing Very Happy Smile Very Happy Laughing
hloaroo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:54 am    Post subject: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Reply with quote

Happy Birthday, Brett! I know you never come here and look anymore, but just in case you do I wanted to let you know I was thinking about you and hoping you have an awesome day!
netgeek64

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:27 pm    Post subject: Brett's birthday video Reply with quote

http://www.facebook.com/video/?of=506375694#/video/video.php?v=22321985694
emelle

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Birthday, Brett. I'll probably call you, knowing how much you love to use your phone. I can't wait to hear about your big dance-competition-photography job. It sounds just too great!

Love,
me
netgeek64

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Happy birthday, Daddy! Reply with quote

Ha! I'm first on every social network that daddy's a part of (including our own!). Happy birthday, daddy. Enjoy your gift. It should be in today's mail. Love you much.
emelle

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HA! You can't win if you cheat, Cheryl. You posted Daddy's birthday wish YESTERDAY. That's not his birthday. I called him this morning, as soon as I got up. So maybe I won (I don't know if anyone else has called him this morning).

Nyah nyah nyah. Razz

love ya anyway, you cheater.
netgeek64

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

but it was already aug. 18th on the east coast.

you're right. i haven't called him, yet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    talk.LexJB.com Forum Index -> Special board (or blog) for emelle All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: