return to LexJB.com talk.LexJB.com
made obsolete by http://Facebook.com/JBMason

SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Grief and Gratefulness
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    talk.LexJB.com Forum Index -> Special board (or blog) for emelle
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emelle

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am grateful for every single thing in my life right now, from the teensiest blessing of a computer where I can post this and look for housing to the biggest, grandest blessing of starting a new life with my soulmate in less than two months! Specifically: Cocoa's allergies have tamed significantly over the past six months; my apartment is easy enough to clean before I move out of it; the calling service tells me that work should pick up this week; I can probably get September's rent pro-rated if I give more than 30 days' notice; there are tons of "move-in specials" running on nice places in good neighborhoods with great amenities; I've begun eating healthier again and I notice the difference in my physical person; the weather's been really pleasant lately; I have time to do what I need to do as long as I stay focused on them; I'm more focused lately now that I have a deadline looming Wink
Is that enough for now? I'm sure there's more, but I have to get back to my housing search... Laughing

emelle

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I AM SO HAPPY AND GRATEFUL NOW THAT I KNOW WHERE I'LL BE LIVING NEXT MONTH! We've been apartment hunting for the last three weekends, and God has been so good to us. There was really only ever ONE apartment that we just loved, but we couldn't jump on it without doing our due diligence. We put applications in after other people had done the same; Stephen spoke with the manager and arranged for a DISCOUNTed rent, EARLIER move-in (to give us the weekend overlap), and a SPLIT security deposit so we can get some money to him right away and the remainder by next week. So now I just have to book our flights and we both have to start packing up households. YAY! Huge weight off the shoulders!
And oh, would you like the new mailing address as of Sept. 15th? It's
10939 Morrison St, #202
North Hollywood, CA 91601
Our phone numbers and email addresses will stay the same so if you have them, bully for you. If not, all you can do is spam our physical mailbox. Razz
I AM BLESSED!

rmgreen15

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey waaaaaitaminute... didn't you already live on morrison street in n. hollywood???

YAY! by the way. so VERY happy and excited for you both! i know how amazing it feels for life to just all of a sudden just start falling and fitting into place just so. so YAY!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
emelle

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a matter of fact, I did, two years ago, live in a 2+2 on Morrison in NoHo, off of Lankershim. This one is off of Vineland, so I'm very much staying in the neighborhood, but of the three apartments I've had in the last three years, this new one is by far the best in so many ways - not JUST because I'll share it with my HUSBAND, either! Wink

Yes, BLESSED is all there is to it. Well, that and GRATEFUL.

emelle

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my car back today after a month and a half in the shop... got my Claritin today after sneezing my head off ALL DAY yesterday... got a couple of dress options for my wedding (they'll need alteration but the woman who loaned them to me essentially GAVE them to me)... got my travel purchased yesterday... got the security deposit put on the new address... got to play with busses and trains this week and last... got to ride my bike a lot to the Y lately... get to GO DANCING TONIGHT!

I am blessed, and I AM GRATEFUL!

emelle

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got to work on my show again today after a long absence; will get at least two more days out of this week, it looks like (at this point either two BG days or 2 PA days or 2 BG + 1 PA day) Woo Hoo!

Christina is thinking about the offer I made her today - I'm sure the next time I'll see her I'll get her "final answer" (which, honestly, I expect to be "no but thanks anyway" since she's to be wed in October) but I'm grateful she's such a sweet, approachable person with such a great sense of humor that she would even tell me "I'm thinking about it - I haven't ruled out the possibility!" {I realize that Brett will likely be the only person who has a CLUE what I'm talking about here but I really can't say more due to the sensitive nature of the offer, sorry, kids}

I had a fabulous day today and no matter what I accomplish tomorrow, I expect more fabulosity! I'm blessed and grateful! Wheeeeeeeee!

Laughing Very Happy Laughing Very Happy Laughing Very Happy Laughing Very Happy Laughing Very Happy

JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW.

I am not worthy.
emelle

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't been back on set to find out the "final answer" but I imagine since I haven't been on set, she's probably forgotten about the offer... oh, well.
I DO have gratitude, though, and HOW! I knew September was going to be a whirlwind, so I used the month of August to BREATHE, which made me feel a little badly about not having packed anything, since Steve's just about done with that. Had a fitting for a movie last week - it works next week. Got half my mouth scaled yesterday and hope to get the other half scaled tomorrow morning, maybe. Then I get to be on set again tomorrow afternoon, after having been gone ALL THIS TIME! We have placed our orders for all of our utilities to be transferred to the new apartment, and come Sunday the 13th, while I'm at my bridal shower thrown by my fabulous wonderful friends, Steve and his writing partner will be parked in front of the tv watching opening day of FOOTBALL season from our newly-installed satellite dish! I couldn't get my final dance lesson scheduled until Monday the 14th, which means in the meantime, I continue to hit the group classes and practice parties! I received some "mailbox money" today and expect to get paid for some other stuff tomorrow, and then Friday, and then even more on Saturday! Oh, and we get to pick up the keys to our new place earlier than previously thought, which means little things like kitchen appliances, etc. can just be put in easily-transportable boxes or bins and carried right over, practically eliminating my need to PACK properly! Cool AND my friend Jen helped me sort through my closets today, weeding out about 20% for donating to worthy causes (and less to transport). AND I've officially quit the insidious habit of checking Steve's FB page and posting as if I had an account, etc. THIS is my only blog! I am FAITHFUL to talk.lexjb!
and I am grateful. My life is ever so blessed. No matter how frantic, stressful, hectic, or even BORING things get, they always bounce back to BLESSED.

JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emelle wrote:
I've officially quit the insidious habit of checking Steve's FB page and posting as if I had an account, etc. THIS is my only blog! I am FAITHFUL to talk.lexjb!

BOO, HISS. You've experienced the greatness of Facebook, and you think JBTalk is better? You're deluded. It is time to get a Facebook profile, especially since it's the ideal place to interact with your crowds of wedding guests before and after the big day. They ain't here; they're THERE.
netgeek64

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBMason wrote:
emelle wrote:
I've officially quit the insidious habit of checking Steve's FB page and posting as if I had an account, etc. THIS is my only blog! I am FAITHFUL to talk.lexjb!

BOO, HISS. You've experienced the greatness of Facebook, and you think JBTalk is better? You're deluded. It is time to get a Facebook profile, especially since it's the ideal place to interact with your crowds of wedding guests before and after the big day. They ain't here; they're THERE.

so be it. they'll interact with us and we'll pass the messages along - just like we've been doing. it got her married off, didn't it?
Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Mommy's favorite Bible verse)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
emelle

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

{yes, I've paraphrased to suit my purposes}:
JBMason wrote:
JBTalk is ... the ideal place to interact with your crowds of wedding guests before and after the big day. They...'re ...HERE.

I have no CROWDS of wedding guests - this is going to be an incredibly intimate ceremony including only immediate family who can make it. Of those guests, only YOU, DADDY, and Steve's brother BILL are getting any updates on FB. Everyone else is communicating by phone or email. Neither here nor there. I have no reason to get my own profile - Steve can continue to play there because he enjoys it. I found myself drawn into the black hole and I'm HAPPY to be free of it! I like it here; I'm comfy here; I'm grateful to HAVE here. Thank you for continuing to maintain HERE.

FYI, I had a great day on set today but the official Christina answer is, in fact, thank you but no.

emelle

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm telling you now, if you EVER want to see how much stress you can handle all at once, you should decide to get married, and have the wedding in a state you don't live in, and combine it with reunion travel planning, and move two households in one day into a brand new place WITH CATS. My big cloud of pillow feathers that was descending upon me (my anticipated stress) prior to this weekend has dissipated into wisps of individual feathers that have floated away upon a breeze... kinda like that scene in "Twister" after that last tornado that Bill Paxton and Helen Hunt survive... just wispy clouds that sorta go away. GOOD.
Friday we got our DirecTV installed with no problems, and whatever the plumbing issues were that Steve had discovered while he waited were easily fixed by the end of the day. And when walking around barefoot all day on the carpeting because of the leak, his feet did not turn dirty black moldy like what always happened at my old apartment. Which means Cocoa will probably have fewer allergies because we were all walking around on yucky moldy carpet all this time! BLESSING!
Saturday was the big move. The move went miraculously splendidly well, and Steve had managed to recruit a most amazing team of uber-willing and able-bodied manly men to complement my little team of uber-willing but somewhat less able-bodied ... um... friends. We got BOTH households moved in one day with at least an hour to spare to return the U-Haul, and the ride I got home from the U-Haul not only took me to pick up the kitties to take them home, but also finagled a discount or two on the truck rental! BLESSING!
Today I went to the bridal shower, where a bunch of ladies ate, drank, giggled, and gossiped and we all had a LOVELY time. Steve and I got some nice gifts that we'd registered for, and I was able to see quite a few dear friends I'd nearly lost touch with. Plus, there were leftovers for anyone who wanted them, so I'm able to feed myself and Steve for at least ONE more day before we have to shop. BLESSING!
Tomorrow I get to take money to the bank and money-expectations to the post office, and I get to finish packing up all the little stuff still waiting for me at my old place. Since I have to be OUT of there by Tuesday, I've finally put myself under a time crunch, so it'll probably run like clockwork. The cats have taken their time getting used to the new place but they seem comfortable enough to come out of hiding when we're in the room ignoring them, and there's so much more room here than any of us have had for awhile, so we're all kinda finding our grooves.
Thank you to any and all who are eagerly anticipating our nuptials and who are sending us your blessings. We're receiving them; we feel your joy as well as our own. We are BLESSED!

Dad

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: Grateful Reply with quote

I am doing volunteer work for the Lake County Health Department. I am doing this for 2 days a week, 7 hours a day. I work in the epidemiology division which mean I help track communicable diseases. I have found that, even though this is not my season. (as everyone knows). It has turned into an opportunity to utilize my data base of medicine without the stress of the ER. I am appreciated and left alone to work out my problems without interference (unless asked for). It helps to have a purpose in life again without the stress of mandates. ML Steve was right again. Purpose..
emelle

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish to apologize to all my faithful readers for my complacency of late in posting. I have, of course, been extremely grateful for the many blessings I have been receiving. Stephen and I had a lovely journey to North Carolina and caught up with many dear friends, in addition to being the guests of honor at a beautiful, simple, lovingly-attended wedding. We had the privilege of sharing our first days as husband-and-wife with you, our devoted family. We returned from our travels to find the cats eager for our return, despite the love and attention they had received from our friend in our absence. We got back to work; I in a whirlwind that first week back. We received beautiful gifts from our family, both in North Carolina and later in the mail here. We finally made a big shopping excursion so we can eat at home, and have been cooking on a nightly basis, using many of the gifts we have received. We used some of the gift cards to purchase a DVD shelving unit, built and filled it, and we've been rearranging furniture like crazy people to make room for the new sofa and loveseat which were delivered today, since Stephen took the day off to celebrate his birthday. We've hung some prints on a few walls and are nearly finished with the "decorating" part of moving in. Cocoa's joined us in the living room now that there are no more strangers moving heavy things and making weird noises. Smokey's still content to hide in the office, and once we're sure they're both back to comfortable in their environment, we'll start the potty-retraining endeavor in earnest - that should be a fairly easy process, since they have both been trained once before in my old apartment.

Life is really beautiful these days. I'm so pleased that Daddy and Brett have both found new purpose in their volunteerism and whatever it may lead to. I'm grateful to have a printer that works well so I can create our real, snail-mail thank yous - do I have your snail-mail address? My husband loves me and tells me so quite frequently - he even asked if I was posting that info just a moment ago when he told me again! We're all quite happy. And blessed. And grateful for our happiness and blessings.

May you be as happy and blessed and grateful as we are.

... since this thread is also about grief, I would just like to say that if you may be grieving this month, I am so sorry for your loss and for your pain. I do still sometimes catch myself succumbing to my own grief, but in allowing myself to do so, I find that the happy moments that follow are just that much better. I wish the same for you.

emelle

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Our internet issues seem resolved (well, they're better than they were).
    *We're all a little less stressed than we were because we're no longer rushing the feline potty re-training.
    *I completed my application to the DGA Trainee program and will get it mailed tomorrow.
    *Steve and his writing partner are back in their "flow" of things.
    *We have a lot of cool kitchen stuff that's only going to improve our meal efficiency and frugality.
    *We have sufficient income these days (even in my unemployment) to pay all the bills and still buy an occasional treat.
    *We are crazy mad in love and feelin' really really BLESSED!

You?
Cool
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick reminder, in case you forgot:

The rest of us are sharing our updates at Facebook.com, so stop by and see us there and say hello!

(I tell you this because it looked like you might stop posting here after Oct 21st. Imagine my surprise on Nov 15th.)
emelle

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imagine your surprise NOW! Even MORE than a month off from posting, and yet, here I am again, hopefully for a return to my more-regular posting habit.

Wonder of wonders, the economy's gotten me down this holiday season. We bought a potted, living rosemary tree (yes, the herb we cook with) and Steve pulled out lights and ornaments to decorate it. My ornaments are still packed away somewhere. The cats investigated but have learned that neither the tree nor the wrapped gifts under it are terribly interesting, so they just bypass it as needed to get into the window. Meanwhile, I've had NO holiday spirit - not playing or singing any Christmas music, not decorating beyond what Steve did; only doing a little shopping for Steve, using the money Santa sent me early. (You've been waiting for my tone to turn positive, so here it is:) TODAY, I finally got a response from the severely overworked Unemployment Department to my inquiry regarding my eligibility for an extension, and that was YES, as soon as my "bank" is depleted, I'll automatically receive extension claim forms and will receive my regular weekly benefit (minus wages earned) for the next 14-20 weeks, at least. Which means, YAY, I can continue to work as much as there is work available, but January's (and February's and March's and April's) bills will still be covered, and neither Steve nor I have to change our industries or look for something else. THANK GOD I don't have to go back to office work! THANK GOD I can continue to "act" for my living! THANK GOD Steve can continue working his relatively-short shifts at the restaurant and come home with cash in his pocket! THANK GOD I can finally get some holiday spirit 'cuz I don't have to keep staying home to avoid spending money I don't really have. And thank YOU, Daddy, for having sent the "Universal Gift Card" early enough for me to use it for my small holiday shopping that I did do.

Here are the rest of my blessings, which I'm finally able to express:
    Our apartment is warm and comfy and all occupants have found our patterns of "what to do today".
    Our utilities are amazingly inexpensive, compared to what we each used to pay.
    We have learned to experiment a little more with our cooking, so our meals are gaining variety while remaining healthy and cheap.
    We love each other deeply and express it often.
    Money's not that important except when you don't have it, and now that my issue has been resolved, money can be not that important again.
    My vision is returning to normal, and I didn't have to undergo surgery to make that happen. More on that later...
    While Steve's at work on Friday, I'll be having a Turkish breakfast with friends, and when he gets home, we'll create our own Christmas tradition(s) for years to come!
    Another friend has resurfaced in my life, and one day in the next week, we'll all go to Universal for a day of fun in the sun because we CAN.

2010 is going to be smashing. There will be plenty of work for all those who desire to do it, and gobs of opportunities beyond work for those who wish to explore them. Some family will travel; some new habits will be formed; amidst all the world's grief new life will arise, and we'll all soon forget all the bad stuff we went through in 2009 and remember just the good stuff! I am grateful for the bad stuff I went through in 2009 because there was JUST SO MUCH good stuff. I wish you all peace, love, and happiness. May you have the Merriest of Christmases and may 2010 bring you your heart's desire.

JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, okay. Merry Christmas to you and to all of the thousands of readers of talk.LexJB.com.
emelle

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On behalf of those thousands, I thank you and wish you the same!
emelle

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got to go back to work on set today! And my vision is slowly but surely improving! And I'm still eligible to collect unemployment! And my wedding photos arrived today! And my husband and cats still lavish me with affection! And my grandmother is going to eliminate her health issues on Monday, and my niece is going to heal from her broken wrist much more quickly than she would have imagined, and my sister's going to have a beautiful snowy winter in Alaska, and my brother's going to survive whatever his Kentucky winter puts him through, and next summer, Grandma and Daddy will come visit!

I know I haven't posted in awhile but that doesn't mean I'm not grateful for what I've got. I AM BLESSED. Cool

emelle

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two days of work on set this week, on shows I enjoy, with great casts and crews - that is the life! Would love to manage three or more days every week, especially the long days (LOVE the long days!), since my health insurance renewal eligibility gets iffier and iffier the closer we get to April. But I'm NOT complaining! I love my work and would love to do more of it, that's all. I am a money magnet, and I'm so enormously blessed.
Gettin' the cats more and more trained; gettin' my vision better and better; stayin' in touch with good friends and close industry contacts; livin' la vida loca with my amazingly wonderful hubster. What more could a gal desire?

emelle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FOUR consecutive days on a Kathy Bates pilot this week (starting Sunday and ending late tonight) all because of that infamous thing my industry is known for, NEPOTISM! My friend Sally is married to the key grip, who persuaded the AD's to hire me for background work. So I guess I can officially say that "I've made it!" (at least to the level of finally knowing people who WANT to help me get work)!!! YAY!!!
So I've been super-busy, and I'm doing all I can to work through the remains of what started as 3 days of sore throat last week and became a sort-of barky cough. I AM NOT SICK - but I have that low, sexy gin voice and can't release any high notes at all when I sing (like NOTHING comes out of the pipes) so I have to focus on torch songs if I need to sing - no show tunes for me! And as of today, I've officially missed making my eligibility for my SAG health insurance for next year, as all the work I've had since my last post has been AFTRA. Still, my immune system is strong, and I stay healthy, so who needs insurance? We've both already had our physicals for the year, and the dermatologist did not remove any moles this time, so I'm done for now.
Steve's staying healthy and busy with work, and we replaced his dying XBox with a PS3, so we now have beautiful games for him to play, and all of our DVD's look almost as good as the couple of Blue-Rays we also own.
We're eating well, we're staying cozy, the cats are pretty content, and our friends stay in touch, even if family doesn't. We're happy, and we're grateful for all the good stuff in our lives.

JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

emelle wrote:
our friends stay in touch, even if family doesn't

Really? I thought for sure that the rest of y'all keep in touch on the phone, and the rest of us keep in touch on Facebook. Now I am told otherwise.

And here's a thought... you can keep in touch with all of us on Facebook using your hubby's page. Resistance is futile.
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fun fact: the next time that there's no activity on this forum for 6 weeks, I will disable all accounts.
netgeek64

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny that your "fun fact" came out on a day filled with fun non-facts.
Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Mommy's favorite Bible verse)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    talk.LexJB.com Forum Index -> Special board (or blog) for emelle All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14

Jump to: