return to LexJB.com talk.LexJB.com
made obsolete by http://Facebook.com/JBMason

SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brett's Lexington Life
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBMason wrote:
I uploaded a new video to Facebook, a video of me playing my guitar, but I think that Facebook does not allow me to share this link with non-Facebook folks the same way they let me share my photo albums with non-Facebook folks. Dang!

"Progress Report - Week 1: BRETT PLAYING 'ODE TO JOY'"
http://utk.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=514840867740

In case you haven't noticed on my Facebook mini-feed, I have uploaded two more Weekly Progress Report videos since August 9th. You can watch me demonstrate my guitar skills. In the video I uploaded today, you can hear a neighbor's dog accompanying me with loud barking while I play.
hloaroo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to let Brett's family know that he went to the Berea contra this weekend. It was good to see him on the dance floor again!
Dad

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hloaroo wrote:
I just wanted to let Brett's family know that he went to the Berea contra this weekend. !

Good, but did he wear his seat belt?
hloaroo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dad wrote:
Good, but did he wear his seat belt?

As a matter of fact, he did! That's because he rode with me and I require all of my passengers to buckle up.
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I go, if you make me buckle up, you can forget about me pitching in with gas money. She goes, buckle it right now, biznatch, and keep yo stupid gas money.
hloaroo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAHAHAHA You crack me up, B.

Let's weigh my options here.... a few bucks verses keeping your life safe... yeah, pocket your cash and buckle your seatbelt.
emelle

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just love how Brett keeps things real; 'cuz you KNOW he's so ghetto, doncha?
netgeek64

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emelle wrote:
I just love how Brett keeps things real; 'cuz you KNOW he's so ghetto, doncha?

Amen, sister!
Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Mommy's favorite Bible verse)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: changing the subject Reply with quote

Here's a new adventure, one in which 5 pieces of my car are replaced with brand new pieces.

Yesterday in early afternoon, I drove across town to do computer support for Patty at her house. Then I drove home, ho-hum, no problem.

Later that night, I thought to myself, "I need to get out of the house again," so I decided I should get dinner from ChickFilA. Unfortunately, when I got in my car and turned the key, nothing happened!! It was obviously a battery problem. The no-seatbelt beeping noise had deteriorated into a clicking noise. The indicator lights on the dashboard were all very faint. Even when I got out of the car and pushed the button to power-lock all the doors, nothing happened.

A storm was brewing, and I came up with a brilliant theory, "I know my battery is weak, but maybe the lightning and other electrical impulses in the air are making it weaker than usual. I will try again in the morning." And then I stayed home, made myself dinner from the minimal grocery supply in my kitchen, and continued watching downloaded shows like I always do.

This morning, I couldn't start the car, which blew my lightning theory to hell. So, at two different times, I recruited two different neighbor friends to jump-start my car for me. Unfortunately, the Camry refused to cooperate.

When I emailed Hloaroo at her office to say that I was stuck at home, she told me that she'd just helped another friend of hers with a dead battery within the past 5 days, and she offered to come over on her lunch break and try to help me. So I said okay, and she came over, and we connected our cars together, waited about 5 minutes; WOO-HOO, my car actually started.

So it's true what they say, "the third time's the charm."

I immediately drove to Sears Auto Center at Fayette Mall; it took them 2.5 hours to change my battery, install 4 new tires, and do a complete balance and alignment. No doubt they milked me a bit on those labor charges and "Road Hazard" agreements, but I am not going to complain, since there's no way I would have done any of the automotive repairs myself.

You may wonder, "if all he needed was a battery, why did he also get tires?" The answer is, of course, I did need new tires. Caught a lucky break because Sears Auto Center had the tires I want (Falken Ziex ZE512).

So now I'm much closer to having a good-as-new car! There are some other critical elements, like a timing belt and a water pump, that I think I need to replace ASAP. Maybe I'll do that next week.

I definitely want to get my car in great shape before I drive to my 20-year high school reunion in western North Carolina on September 15th.

End of story.
Dad

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: changing the subject back Reply with quote

JBMason wrote:
The no-seatbelt beeping noise had deteriorated into a clicking noise.

Ah Ha Dad says, I see the problem. If you had been fastening your seatbelt all along, the battery would have lasted a little longer Very Happy
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, the seatbelt noise only happens when you first get in the car; it's not always going beep beep beep while you're driving around town. By the time I've left my street, my alternator has recharged the amount needed to make the beeping noise next time.

Here is a 3D photo I took yesterday, during the second attempt to jumpstart my dead battery:
Arrow http://talk.lexjb.com/0/cars_3D.jpg

~~~~~~~

In other news, I've just uploaded another guitar video on Facebook. This one is longer than the previous 2 guitar videos combined! Go check it out.
netgeek64

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to make it look 3d we just pretend it's a stereogram, right? the picture in the middle is the 3d one? that's how it looks to me anyway.
Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Mommy's favorite Bible verse)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
hloaroo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: changing the subject Reply with quote

JBMason wrote:
So it's true what they say, "the third time's the charm."

The third time was not a charm - the third person you asked had experience in this area and knew what to do. Saying it's a charm takes away my great feeling of accomplishment. :-/
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Labor Day dinner party:
hloaroo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a somber group!
Dad

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hloaroo wrote:
What a somber group!

I agree. They all must be in management. Afraid of the proletariat. Very Happy

OOHHH a big adult word. Good for me.
MaryAnn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's that we clammed up when we felt the eye of big brother trained on us.
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today it occurred to me that my frequent visits with Mary Ann and Danielle have, in a way, turned them into substitute sisters.

What they have in common with my two biological sisters is that they sometimes team up and exclude me, which hurts me deeply.

What they don't have in common with Cheryl and ML is that they are both younger than I. Plus, I find my substitute sisters very attractive, and they are forced to tolerate my constant flirting. I would never flirt with my real sisters.

Soon I will post more pix of these two lovely lasses.
emelle

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBMason wrote:
I would never flirt with my real sisters.

Thank goodness! Laughing Laughing Laughing
netgeek64

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBMason wrote:
What they have in common with my two biological sisters is that they sometimes team up and exclude me, which hurts me deeply.

Wait! What? When?!?

JBMason wrote:
I would never flirt with my real sisters.

Ooo. Ick. I mean. I guess you're cute to those who don't really know you. Wink What I mean to say is......... you're cute.......... yeah....... but, not in "that" way. That's just icky.

I really do love you bro....... I hope you know that!
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

netgeek64 wrote:
Wait! What? When?!?

Long, long ago, when we all lived in the same house. I can remember when y'all would have friends over, and you'd all be doing your fun little Girl Scout games or whatever y'all did. I was the little screaming boy who was incessantly knocking on the door because I'd been locked out of your room. Remember?

Razz
netgeek64

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good Lord! you sure hold a grudge a long time! Smile
emelle

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBMason wrote:
Long, long ago, when we all lived in the same house. I can remember when y'all would have friends over, and you'd all be doing your fun little Girl Scout games or whatever y'all did. I was the little screaming boy who was incessantly knocking on the door because I'd been locked out of your room. Remember? Razz

I remember having, what were their names, Cheryl? Mildred and Margaret or something like that? over to play Monopoly and baking banana nut bread and having a chipmunk-cheeked little brother greet us at the bedroom door to let us know that it had COOLED ENOUGH TO EAT, thank you very much! Laughing

This is actually a very favorite childhood memory of mine, and whenever I can somehow steer a conversation to it (hmm... baking... Monopoly... little brother antics), I DO! Cool
hloaroo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol That's a cute story. Thanks for sharing! I would share a cute story of Brett and I doing our nails together, but I was sworn to secrecy so I can't.
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hloaroo wrote:
I would share a cute story of Brett and I doing our nails together, but I was sworn to secrecy so I can't.

Wow, this is news to me. I have no recollection of any "doing our nails" stories involving Heather, but I definitely remember a time in junior high when the girl at a nearby desk offered me $5 if she could paint some of my fingernails (and I refused the offer).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    talk.LexJB.com Forum Index -> Holla back All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: