return to LexJB.com talk.LexJB.com
made obsolete by http://Facebook.com/JBMason

SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

one of many good reasons to join Facebook
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: one of many good reasons to join Facebook Reply with quote

To all my friends or actress sisters who do not have an account at Facebook.com,

Go sign up; make an account that you'll never ever use. Why? I'll tell you why. If you don't have a Facebook account, you can't see all the fun little videos that I upload there.

Here are two sample pages of what you're missing:
Arrow Page 1
Arrow Page 2

Check it out! I don't give a crap if you never put any info on your profile; that's not the goal. The goal is for you to have access to my mini-movies.

JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those of you who have Facebook accounts will be able to see what I look like today. I just finished uploading another "progress report" video of what I've learned on my guitar. Go check it out!
hloaroo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBMason wrote:
I just finished uploading another "progress report" video of what I've learned on my guitar. Go check it out!

Watch the video of Brett playing the guitar, but don't watch his karaoke videos! <<shudder>> At least one of them is scary. Shocked
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, H.

Ain't no such thing as bad publicity!
hloaroo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Mraz] Yo, whassup B?
[Rapper] Yo, what time is it?
[Mraz] Haha it's laundry day

Laughing
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a Facebook account, try to maintain your requests regularly, or else you'll end up with a ridiculous Requests panel that looks like mine does:

JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those of you who have Facebook accounts will be able to see what I look like today. This morning, I uploaded two more "progress report" videos of my silky-smooth guitar music. Go check it out!
hloaroo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBMason wrote:
...else you'll end up with a ridiculous Requests panel that looks like mine does:

You aren't fooling anybody. You're just trying to show off that you've got a lot of online friends. Wink
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

even though this photo album of today's activities has been uploaded to Facebook.com, anyone will be able to go to it and view it (not just Facebook members):

http://utk.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2168186&l=4c409&id=12920142

enjoy...
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

even though this photo album of my Thanksgiving dinner has been uploaded to Facebook.com, anyone will be able to go to it and view it (not just Facebook members):

http://utk.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2173550&l=fa393&id=12920142

enjoy...
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a section of Facebook called "NOTES" which is where people can post little blog entries. Guess Facebook didn't want to have the overused word "BLOG" anywhere on their page.

I've just written a NOTE on Facebook, but some of y'all don't have Facebook accounts, so here is a copy-and-paste of the NOTE.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Sometimes on Wednesday nights, when I'm really bored, I will go to a Baptist church for choir practice. Last night I decided to hit rehearsals at two different Baptist churches; Calvary Baptist begins their choir practice at 18h30, and Immanuel Baptist begins their choir practice at 19h30.

When I arrived at the rehearsal at Immanuel after 20h00, the Backstreet Boy Brian Littrell was there leading the group. Both of his parents attend Immanuel Baptist, and he's putting on a concert at IBC tonight (the 29th).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Littrell

It was an amazing coincidence that I chose to go there while an international pop star was there. I had no idea. I just wanted to kill time and be a Baptist tenor on a Wednesday night.
emelle

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, la-de-freakin'-da! Did you know that a certain Reba McEntire is taking ballroom dance classes at MY Arthur Murray? No, of course you didn't, and I do realize this is not a FACEBOOK entry, but so what? Razz

Sorry if I'm cranky... lack of work will do that to me... but at least I get to dance a lot, and the kittens can now reach the high place where Miles sleeps, so they all spend a LOT of time entertaining each other (which means I don't have to entertain them)... all my cats are finally acting like CATS!
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't kept y'all very well informed on my life using any of my LexJB server space, in recent weeks, but I do stay very active on my Facebook account, uploading photos and videos regularly.

Come visit me over there, not over here.

Arrow http://utk.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2177126&l=3d521&id=12920142
hloaroo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBMason wrote:
Come visit me over there, not over here.

But this is talk.lexjb.com! The very purpose for this forum and this particular topic is to talk about you and your life! You can't direct people away from here after you've worked so hard to get us here.
emelle

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah! What she said! Very Happy Who wants to join some stupid, huge, corporate forum to keep in touch with family and friends when they can come here? I know we haven't been nearly as active lately as we were at the beginning, but I always still check here to see if there is anything new posted... if you drop us, you'll always be the last one to know what's new in my life (like when I moved last April)... come back to us, Brett. Leave those stupid, huge, corporate forums behind and come back to the "home town" feeling at talk.lexjb.com.

Please? Crying or Very sad
hloaroo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emelle wrote:
Who wants to join some stupid, huge, corporate forum to keep in touch with family and friends when they can come here?

The only thing that Facebook has that this forum doesn't (the only important thing, rather) is the Superpoke option. Brett, see if you can get that feature added to this site, ok?
cacestmoi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBMason wrote:
If you have a Facebook account, try to maintain your requests regularly, or else you'll end up with a ridiculous Requests panel that looks like mine does:

I joined Facebook just for your videos & pics. I have hardly any friends on there so I don't need to maintain requests probably LOL. Very Happy
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:45 am    Post subject: my most recent video uploads to Facebook Reply with quote

emelle

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it when you post those to your yahoo thing... I'm still not going to join Facebook, because I still have a slow connection and I don't want the hassle of another forum.

Love you anyway.
Dad

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: Road Trip Reply with quote

Happy road trip to me and Brett. I talked to him today and I laid the whole itinerary on him. This is truly going to be a Mommy style road trip for me.I am just going to roll with the flow. What we don't see this time we can go to another time. Of course, anyone who wants to go can, the Cadillac is big enough and comfortable enough. If you are planning on going, you need to figure on eating at IHOP because I think that maybe one of our scheduled stops.
Love every one,

DAD(DY) Very Happy
emelle

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't really figure out why you posted this info here... don't get me wrong, I'm glad you posted and I'm glad you're excited to do a "Mommy-style" trip. But the only similarities I see between "road trip" and "facebook" are 8 letters, two syllables. Wink

I would suggest you have a "Daddy and Brett - style" road trip and don't try to live up to any standards you think Mommy may have set.

When do you leave? And if you haven't left yet, will you pack the serger in the trunk, in case you make it out to California?

Love you both.
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to the Facebook topic:

If you want your conversations with friends and family to be indexed (and searchable) in Google, then stay here at JBTalk and post as much as you want. Future employers and casting directors definitely want to know about your obsession with THE SECRET.

If you want your conversations with friends and family to be ignored by Google, Facebook is the place to be. Start today! It's free!
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheryl recently had a meal with Caitlin, and the subject of this forum came up, so I just got an email from Caitlin asking me to open the registrations to new people.

ANNOUNCEMENT: new people can register (by clicking the Register link on the front page of talk.LexJB.com) for the next few days.

Soon I will disable the registration feature and get back to my exciting life on FACEBOOK. We don't need this forum anymore, ya know! We have Facebook!!!

========================================

UPDATE ON DEC 30:

A few spammers got in, but I killed 'em, and I closed the registrations. No more registrations. I see that Caitlin is in the system as a user, so I look forward to seeing her first entry soon.
Dad

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course we need this forum! The rest of the world needs facebook. We only need to communicate with each other. Thanks son for keeping this blog open.

admin wrote:
Soon I will disable the registration feature and get back to my exciting life on FACEBOOK. We don't need this forum anymore, ya know! We have Facebook!!!

emelle

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dad wrote:
Of course we need this forum! The rest of the world needs facebook.
Here, Here!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    talk.LexJB.com Forum Index -> Holla back All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: