return to LexJB.com talk.LexJB.com
made obsolete by http://Facebook.com/JBMason

SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Note to Cheryl

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:23 am    Post subject: Note to Cheryl Reply with quote

Wow, that cracks me up that my friend-of-a-friend contacted me through you. I wonder how often that this will happen in the future, considering you have posted your email address on your profile and on the memberlist, but I have not.

Thanks for being my secretary.
netgeek64

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your welcome. I wasn't sure what to do. I'm glad I did the right thing by default.
Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Mommy's favorite Bible verse)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to reply here for two reasons:

(1) This entry I'm currently in the process of writing will raise my overall entry counts to match my other sister, and I believe I should try hard to match her totals, since I'm the founder and CIO.
(2) I want to encourage you to upload an avatar.

GAME! SET! MATCH!
netgeek64

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBMason wrote:

(1) This entry I'm currently in the process of writing will raise my overall entry counts to match my other sister, and I believe I should try hard to match her totals, since I'm the founder and CIO.
(2) I want to encourage you to upload an avatar.

As I was telling Dad yesterday, it seems that the three main writers/lurkers have far too much time on their hands. This reminds me of those lengthy Saturday morning phone calls we used to have. Yeesh! I have a very busy workday and am unable to log in to lurk or write. I love to read and, when I have the time, I will write and upload an avatar or whatever. Right now, I'm decompressing from my workday, so this will be the only entry you see from me today.

=-=-=-=-=
Edited by Brett, simply to close the QUOTE tag correctly
=-=-=-=-=
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
emelle

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

{Quote} "Yeesh! I have a very busy workday..."

I, too have very busy workdays, but I think the main reason I appear to have so much time on my hands is that I'm 3 time zones away, and some days my day starts at 4:30 a.m. and ends at 8 p.m., and other days it starts at noon and ends at 6. I am very blessed to have this great gig that I have right now, even if it is only background work. While the rest of the acting world is fighting over non-union commercials, I get to play dress-up and have my hair and makeup done once or twice a week and work lovely long days under SAG rates and conditions, which ain't too shabby, I MUST SAY!

Just today, my original call time ("report to set" time) was 6:30 p.m., having already had "lunch" (dinner)... but they bumped us to 3:30, got us ready, fed us lunch, worked us for a very short scene and then wrapped us at 8:18, which allowed me to race through horrible traffic in time to catch the last :30 of a :45 (minute) dance party at Arthur Murray! I've made it to classes every day this week, even while working downtown, AND yesterday I bought a dishwasher that was delivered today! YAY!

I would love to see an avatar for you... when Rachel rejoins the discussion, I'd love to see one for her.
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rachel has both a MySpace page and a Facebook page, each connected to thousands of friends, so it's not likely that she'll devote a lot of time to this forum.

Cheryl has a MySpace page and will probably do most of her interacting with the electronic world over there, not over here.

I am spinning several plates like MySpace and Facebook and Friendster and this forum because I have far too much time on my hands. Double true!

emelle

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: "Six Chix" comic Reply with quote

The comic may have said it best for you, but all those details exactly explain why I devote so much time to this site only... yes, I answer emails, but I no longer IM, I don't have MySpace or Facebook, nor do I blog... if we're not going to do Saturday morning phone calls because the two outer siblings hate the phone, then this is a great way for me, the middle sibling, to keep in touch, and it really doesn't take up that much time because I don't do all those other things.

So Brett, now you have to post a couple more items to "beat" me once again. Razz

JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like being called an "outer" sibling. If memory serves me correctly, this is the first time in my 37-year history that I've had that label.

Hey, Cheryl, it's a weekend! Don't you have any free time to kill through adding some posts on these forums?
netgeek64

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBMason wrote:

Hey, Cheryl, it's a weekend! Don't you have any free time to kill through adding some posts on these forums?

No. I had VBS stuff (I'm leading the singing - naturally) and we had Uncle Leroy and Aunt Joyce's 50th anniversary remarriage to go to.

I am also heading up the young adult ministry outing on Friday. We're going to moonlight putt-putt. It's pretty neat. You remember, don't you, Brett?

I haven't been home much at all and I don't think I'll be home much until maybe July.
Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Mommy's favorite Bible verse)
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

netgeek64 wrote:
We're going to moonlight putt-putt. It's pretty neat. You remember, don't you, Brett?

If you like, I could upload an album of glowing golf ball magic over at http://photos.lexjb.com/
netgeek64

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be awesome. I didn't remember you having any pictures that came out considering the blackness of the store.
netgeek64

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about that? Three posts on a Monday, no less! Of course, I'm multitasking, developing the contact list for our young adult ministry, eating a bratwurst, shortening URLs, and other stuff, but I managed to squeeze in the posts.

Now about this avatar thing. You mean a picture? Just upload a picture? Can I use my avatar from Yahoo?
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All right, I'll upload some glowin' golfin' pix (which are not unviewable) sometime soon, and you can upload any old photo of yourself (from the file upload line on your profile page) sometime soon.

I don't think a Yahoo Avatar is the correct format; I'm pretty sure that those things are miniature Flash animation files, not JPGs nor GIFs.
rmgreen15

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:22 am    Post subject: alright already!!! Reply with quote

WHAT THE HELL-O IS AN AVATAR!?!?!

yes, i am finally rejoining, but as a correction, i have not been MIA because of myspace or facebook, but rather because i have had a very eventful and busy week!

i return from london, have one day off before returning to work, which i use learning how awful car shopping can be, find a car that i want, but don't buy it that day. then, i work the next day, go buy the car, and work, work, work so more, every day, until today! yay for MY weekend (today and tomorrow) for doing all kinds of non-work related things that i've been needing to do for quite time (like, unpack completely...hehe).

eventually, i will post pictures of my car. maybe when someone takes some pictures of me in it, around it, on it, whatever...MAYBE when after i take my boards in tallahassee on friday, july 6, someone in sorrento may be interested in taking on that task. yeah? yeah...

i would love to be more interactive within this forum, so that will be my goal in between my 10-hour work days and buying car insurance Very Happy
i love you all! kiss noise!
netgeek64

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBMason wrote:
I don't think a Yahoo Avatar is the correct format; I'm pretty sure that those things are miniature Flash animation files, not JPGs nor GIFs.

I am in total need of assistance in shrinking one of my many way bigger than 6KB gifs/jpgs/pictures into an avatar. I know Dad said he would help, but I would like him to be surprised by my choice, so I don't want him to see it first. What should I do to condense my picture of choice into an avatar? Will I need special software?

Perhaps my moderator "inner" sister could weigh in on this one. Daddy, you can weigh in, too, just don't ask (or volunteer, rather) to do it yourself as I'd rather have control (you understand, don't you?)
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The two helpful hints I gave Dad before he uploaded a photo:

(1) Use the "Stretch and Skew" feature of MSPaint.
(2) Use the Windows XP Powertoy called "Resize Pictures"

Both of these serve me very well and very, very often.

note to Rachel: see the shot of me in glasses to the left of this post? that's my avatar. you can have an avatar, too; it gets entered in your profile page.
emelle

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Open your favorite full-body (or not-too-close-to-your-face) jpg photo in Microsoft Paint or other program that will allow you to crop and resize. Crop the s*** out of it so it's framing just your face or close to it, in a square. Shrink the square to 80 pixels by 80 pixels and check out your file size after saving it with a new name.

That's what I did... and if you look at all the avatars posted, they are all pretty much just faces, no bodies.

Good luck.

JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In other forums on the web, people use all sorts of crazy things as their avatars, so don't feel limited to a simple headshot.

My recommendation: a simple headshot.
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

netgeek64 wrote:
That would be awesome. I didn't remember you having any pictures that came out considering the blackness of the store.

sorry I procrastinated, but now I've upped a photo set from 2006/0504 in PHOTOS land

not a lot to see -- just as you remembered
netgeek64

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:12 pm    Post subject: Happy country's birthday! Reply with quote

We had a great time at moonlight putt-putt. VBS was a different sort of stress for me than it was for Dad/Daddy. As you can probably tell, I am posting in every thread. It will take me awhile. As it is well past my bedtime now, I am going to make this my last post of the evening and go to bed.

Happy 4th to every one (even though most of you will have to wait another hour or three)! I am going to a pool party later today (obviously after the sun comes out) and will spend the better part of the afternoon drinking margaritas. Tonight I will watch some awesome fireworks and then I will, no doubt, crash at a friend's place, for reasons best known to those closest to me!

Good night all! Very Happy
emelle

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This seemed to be the best thread to post this in, as long as Brett is still allowing the site to be accessed and as long as Cheryl is still even lurking (which she obviously is, based on the last most-recent thread):

My last day of my four-day Script Supervisor gig was spent making sure Garrett Wang got his lines right. The reason this is posted here is that Cheryl was once a fan of Star Trek: Voyager, and Garrett was once Ensign Kim on that show. So I guess that means Cheryl is now 3 degrees of separation from Kate Mulgrew!

Cool
netgeek64

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's totally awesome! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    talk.LexJB.com Forum Index -> Holla back All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: