return to LexJB.com talk.LexJB.com
made obsolete by http://Facebook.com/JBMason

SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Holla!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rmgreen15

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Holla! Reply with quote

Shout out from London, BABY!!! (lil' joey reference for you, mama)

Laughing

Cheers, love!
Rachel
emelle

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, London would be why I haven't heard from you lately...
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now we have a full house, here at talk.LexJB.com. I am most pleased.
rmgreen15

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes...it's harder to call from london. i can't even call from my hotel room because they want to collect a 20 service charge just to open my line for phone card use! (with the rates being what they are, i'll save the $40+ and just call you when i get home, yeah?)

i COULD call you each from one of those pretty red telephone booths, but then i would end up leaving SOMEONE out, accidentally, and i don't want to be responsible for any tears today- uncle brett's message board will have to suffice.

and i am so happy to have pleased you dear uncle Smile
emelle

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SO... lots of frenetic activity, everyone signing up and signing in and chatting about how exciting this new feature is...

and then nothing? Is this what happens on MySpace too?

What Up wit dat?

I just worked an incredibly long day (but no Golden Time yet) on Mad Men and got home last night to discover that this property might be for sale??? I might get evicted without cause just because there's a new owner or something? And Rene's throwing me a birthday party on Sunday but he's also having his house painted so the back doors leading to the pool, spa, and barbecue are all currently "sealed"?

Okay, yes, I'm more tired than anything and shouldn't be taking my frustrations out on you guys but WHERE DID YOU GO?
Dad

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Me Too London Baby! Reply with quote

I have some money with you name on it but don't want to disperse it until you are safely back on US Soil... Dates and time please?
GrandPa
emelle

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daddy, in future, get the child who lives with you to show you the "quote" button at the top of each post so that if you back a conversation up to, say, its starting point, all readers will know who you're talking to. It looked like you were replying to my frustration venting when you were in fact replying to Rachel's original HOLLA!

And why ain't no one frustration venting with me????

It's MY birthday weekend and I'll frustration vent if I WANT to!

Razz
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In other social/community areas of the web, like MySpace and Facebook, it's not uncommon for conversations to go dormant for a little while and then pick back up. Sometimes your friends don't check their profiles for a few days or even a week, but you don't get upset; you get used to it.

Here at [url]talk.LexJB.com[/url] I am expecting pretty much the same behavior.

But I promise to check the postings regularly, not only to see if any of my current member-list has left a comment, but also to see if I'm attracting any unwanted guests like spammers.

Happy birthday weekend anyway!
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Me Too London Baby! Reply with quote

thejer wrote:
Dates and time please?
GrandPa

Hey, Dad, thanks for changing your website link. I thought you'd never come back and do that.

Speaking of links, I wonder why this discussion software ignored my code to turn TALK.LEXJB.COM into a link in my most recent reply (above). Oh, well. I'll figure it out someday.
emelle

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBMason wrote:

Happy birthday weekend anyway!

Thank you for that, and for the explanation re:MySpace, etc. I don't really have time to join one of those big communities but I thought you were all very INTO them. When I am online your blog is my homepage, which means every time I dial up I check you first... so I just knew the conversation would have numerous threads I would have missed. I guess I mistook this bunch for constant-contact chatters. Wow.

Anyhoo...
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

emelle wrote:
When I am online your blog is my homepage, which means every time I dial up I check you first...

Considering my waning interest in updating the index page of LexJB.com, maybe you should repoint your browser's homepage to talk.LexJB.com instead. If we all did this, then there might be constant chatter here.

important note: this forum is very public, so let's be careful about any private topics (like contributions to Rachel's student loans) that we discuss here. Google has not indexed this area yet, but they certainly will soon, which means the world could search for stuff about us and find all our typed thoughts.

Unlike MySpace's settings for turning your profile "private" and hiding all its comments from the search spiders, the PHPBB software is meant to be a very open forum for all to enjoy (including the search spiders).
netgeek64

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:07 am    Post subject: Happy Birthday (weekend) emelle! Reply with quote

I totally forgot about this forum in the time it took to check Brett's website. I preferred the look of the old website.

What are you doing for your birthday, then? Just chillin? Filming rad independent films (the type daddy always seems to request on Netflix)? Just hangin' with your homeys?

I think I must have spent 4 hours last night going through Brett's photo gallery. Damn! He's a good photographer!

Yes, MySpace takes up a lot of time - if we bother to post comments and such. I will only actually "do" something on MySpace when I get a wild hair. Otherwise, I'm just a lurker, like so many others.

Even Daddy has a page, but he just majorly lurks, too - and he's retired!

Love you.
Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Mommy's favorite Bible verse)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
emelle

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had your reply ready to post and then my internet disconnected and lost the whole message. Mad Evil or Very Mad Mad Evil or Very Mad Mad Evil or Very Mad Mad Evil or Very Mad

So anyway... gathering at Rene's - was to be a pool party but the pool, spa, and barbecue are covered and the back of the house is sealed due to painting prep. We start at 3 tomorrow - y'all are invited Wink - let me know if you don't see the map I've attached here...
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: URL lessons Reply with quote

here are some URL lessons for JBMason, from the admin.

• to use the URL button on the reply form, give the full, properly formatted address inside the opening tag, then put your link text between the opening and closing tag
  • the URL button is not necessary in most cases because the software will auto-convert properly formatted addresses into hyperlinks

http://talk.lexjb.com/
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am doing a complete change of subject for the sole purpose of getting the following paragraph indexed by Google and other search engines.

HEY, LEXINGTON RESIDENTS!

Now that the 4th of July is less than a week away, do you wonder "where is the best place to watch fireworks in Lexington?" I think I know the answer. Last year I watched the fireworks from the top of a University parking garage. You'll have an unobstructed view of the event, and you won't be fighting any downtown crowds to get in-and-out of those places that everyone else has decided is the perfect place.

Now you know. Go to UK, and bring a folding chair.

added bonus: you will be able to see fireworks in Nicholasville, Georgetown, and Richmond
netgeek64

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because my intent is to post on every single freakin' thread in this community before I have to go back to work and my real life, I have been carefully reading through each one, looking for something to respond to. Unfortunately, this one had nothing for me to quote. Sigh. I'll keep searching. Maybe I'll throw in a bunch of emoticons like emelle did a few posts back..... Very Happy Smile Sad Surprised Shocked Cool Laughing Mad Crying or Very sad Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Wink Question Idea Arrow

There. How's that?
Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Mommy's favorite Bible verse)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
emelle

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have you know that the reason for the string of emoticons was my frustration with my internet connection! (Alternating very mad with twisted evil, as though I could swap back and forth that quickly - get mad, get even, get mad, get even, etc.)

Like you, I'm not sure what this thread is about anymore...

emelle

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have you know that the reason for the string of emoticons was my frustration with my internet connection! (Alternating very mad with twisted evil, as though I could swap back and forth that quickly - get mad, get even, get mad, get even, etc.)

emelle

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

emelle

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is about family members who confuse other family members with strange posting behavior like multiple emoticons and triplicated/quadruplicated posts.

IN OTHER NEWS, I am driving to Bloomington (Indiana) today and am not sure about the Internet connectivity I'll have while I'm away. Don't expect too much interaction from me on this happy holiday.
emelle

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:04 am    Post subject: Help me, Obi-Wan. You're my only hope. Reply with quote

I got in late last night and did the multiple-tab thing like you said to do so I could read all the great new stuff.

Each post I tried to make in response gave me "DEBUG" errors, so I hit my "back" key and attempted to repost. My computer never told me that any of my responses went through! I finally gave up and went to bed with the computer still running so I could finish the process this morning.

As administrator, please delete all my excesses. Thank you, Obi-Wan.

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

travel plans:

It's 06h45 right now, and if I'm extra ambitious this morning, then I'll be on the road at 07h30. ETA = midnight? Don't know. Don't know.

Will be in touch from NC or SC or GA or north FL but not from KY or TN.

Much love to the fam.
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrived before 11 PM! Went to sleep!

Am eating breakfast with Dad!

Will post some ultracool travel videos to my Facebook account. Don't you wish you had a Facebook, so you could see my cool videos?
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

travel plans:

It's 07h00 right now, and if I'm extra ambitious this morning, then I'll be on the road at 07h15. ETA = 23h00? Don't know. Don't know.

Much love to the fam.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    talk.LexJB.com Forum Index -> Holla back All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: