return to LexJB.com talk.LexJB.com
made obsolete by http://Facebook.com/JBMason

SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wedding
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dad

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:09 am    Post subject: Wedding Reply with quote

Power point of a redneck wedding, can you say deliverance ?

http://www.thejmason.com/Forum%20Pix/Folkstonwedding.pps
rmgreen15

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: Rachel's Wedding Reply with quote

i am officially announcing my still tentative wedding date to, in fact, be friday, April 10, 2009.

the website is still under construction, the invitations are still under construction, and what i'm waiting for is to meet w/the person at the potential venue the wedding will be held, and discuss specifics to, in fact, secure my venue. good news is that i know it is available that day- yay! which means i can give you this information, and not be too worried that it's going to change 500 times before it's set in stone (or at least in invitation ink).

the times listed on the website, are still NOT completely accurate at this time...simply a wishful estimate.

although the site i under construction, it appears a little more put together that perhaps the first time you viewed it when uncle brett posted the link- so here is the address again:

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/RachelGreen&JesseBailey
emelle

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so you know, all my friends are excited for you (and await their invitations Wink). Good to know you're making progress, and you of course realize that anything we in the nether-reaches of the country can do for you, you have but to ask.

So happy for you; eagerly anticipating April!

mwa!
emelle

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOES ANYONE (other than Rachel or Jesse, of course) REALIZE THAT THE BIG DAY IS IN THE DOUBLE-DIGITS (i.e. fewer than 100) DAYS AWAY? YAY, and YIKES! I gotta book my airline tix (using miles, yay, me!) and so I need someone on that side of the world (other than Rachel, who is MUCH too preoccupied with the grand arrangements to get involved in the tedious individual arrangements) to help me decide how far in advance of the big day I should fly in (and which airport to land in). Oh, Daddy? Rachel is certainly welcome to provide input, particularly if she's looking at party times PRIOR to the wedding day, or if they won't be leaving for an immediate honeymoon (as Italy could very well be considered one, in the eyes of many {including mine}), might she be looking for party days FOLLOWING the ceremony? I know many many arrangements are being made and mine are not the most important to anyone but ME but I am actually beginning to feel a time crunch, simply because I'll be redeeming miles. Silly, huh?
Comments? Assistance? Advice? Complaints on my selfishness? HELP! Cool
Dad

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject: info Reply with quote

As anyone gets any info please include Great Aunt Pegi.
pegimason@comcast.net
I have already started working on reservations but won't commit until We find out family times.
rmgreen15

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

she was not meant to be excluded- i just couldn't find her email address!

and on that note-

does anyone have a VALID mailing address for the following people? (or email address so i can email them and ask them myself?)

uncle terry
cousin caitlin
cousin danny
is cousin laurie still on alton rd?
are aunt joyce and uncle leroy still on baffin st?
aunt sarah on king st?
aunt dot on hernandez dr?

i think that's all...
Dad

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:24 pm    Post subject: Terry Reply with quote

Terry uses his girlfriends email address
judyandorj@bellsouth.net

Let me know if it bounces back.
Dad

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is cousin laurie still on alton rd? Yes
are aunt joyce and uncle leroy still on baffin st? Yes
aunt sarah on king st? Yes
aunt dot on hernandez dr? Yes
rmgreen15

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you Smile
emelle

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SO IT LOOKS LIKE 2009 IS THE YEAR TO MARRY OFF THE MASON WOMEN!
Yes, folks, my college sweetheart and I are going to tie the knot (20-some-odd years is a LOOOOOONNNNNNGGGG walk down THAT aisle!) and it appears there will, in fact, be a ceremony of some kind. We have a college reunion the last weekend of September and my high school reunion the first weekend of October, and since his Dad's going to put us up in a neighboring town for the week in between, we'll be getting married in North Carolina (probably Thomasville) in late-September. We don't need to try to plan a big to-do; this timeframe essentially gives us six weeks (YIKES!) to find our new apartment and get moved BEFORE the marriage rites, so we're a little more focused on that. Thankfully, there is a HUGE glut of housing in North Hollywood right now, and we're not having trouble finding good listings; we just don't have enough time available to us for physically shopping them together (I have a feeling I'll be doing a good bit on my own this week).

Anyone who can make it is welcome; any offers of assistance in ANY area are welcome; obviously any monetary gifts toward our move are welcome. Cool

More news to be posted as it crops up!

rmgreen15

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CONGRAT-U-FREAKA-LATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait a minute... are y'all in a long-distance relationship? And you want to get married next month? There needs to be lots of local dating involved in the pre-engagement portion. Will anyone back me up on this?
rmgreen15

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

before auntie rips you a new one for not reading and staying up to date on HER life, like she would like to do with YOUR life on this blog spot, i will fill you in...

steve lives and works in LA as a (screenplay?)writer and waiter. they reconnected when he found grandpa's myspace, and then my mother's myspace, and saw an old picture of me that confirmed it was in fact auntie's family... prompting him to message my mother to see what auntie had been up to and where (or something to that effect). they HAVE been dating locally now for quite awhile.

seems to me you have some catching up to do, as most of this updating can be found under "grief and gratefulness" as mainly gratefulness posts.

now you know...
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, thanks, RayRay. I actually do read the "Grief and Gratefulness" entries as they happen, but little relationship details escape me when they're buried in all that other descriptive text, I suppose.

If there's been lots of local dating, then I am completely on board with the marrying your soulmate project.
emelle

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, Brett, I think I may have even posted some of this in the "why I don't need FB" thread when Judy found me even more recently. I know I have posted about Stephen's return to my life NUMEROUS times in the Gratefulness thread, and I often thank YOU for keeping this blog open so that I can. I have sometimes referred to him as "college sweetheart" and sometimes "beau" and sometimes "Stephen" but I have never been afraid to put him in my posts.

So thank you, Rachel, for filling in my brother. And thank you, Brett, for being concerned about the manner in which I'm living my life Wink. We are quite happy, and as I stated in an earlier post, I won't be using FB or any other major forum for coordinating my out-of-state wedding, as we're more concerned with finding our housing here, and the only reason to have a ceremony at all is for the parents. We're not spending a lot on this one - no bridesmaids or groomsmen (unless he asks his father or brother to be his "Best Man" in which case I'll ask Grandma to join me at the front) with whom to coordinate outfits... I'm all in favor of asking his parents to coordinate anything they feel MUST be done (like getting a minister to officiate). I'm sure I can find some nice flowers to carry without having the beautifully-wrapped bouquet Rachel had at her amazing WEDDING. Mine will be as simple as all the parents allow it to be. I just need representation from my side of the family - can the Mason grapevine work its magic to get any east-coasters there?

hloaroo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emelle wrote:

Yes, folks, my college sweetheart and I are going to tie the knot (20-some-odd years is a LOOOOOONNNNNNGGGG walk down THAT aisle!) and it appears there will, in fact, be a ceremony of some kind.

WOW! Congrats!!!!! I have to say, though, that you MUST have bridesmaids and groomsmen and you MUST model your ceremony after this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-94JhLEiN0
emelle

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What an AWESOME party THAT must have been! But no, I won't have that many in the wedding party if we have ANY, and I can tell you with utmost certainty that his participation in one song's worth of choreography at the BEGINNING of the ceremony will frighten my groom out the door before we even get to a rehearsal! He's been very gracious, attending my Friday night ballroom parties with me, but he's not ready to join a class yet, much less "boogie" without instruction!

Whatever we do is going to be special, because we'll be surrounded by loved ones, and by loving thoughts from those who are too far to make it. By the way, just because I don't know you personally is no reason for you to consider yourself "not invited". Wink

hloaroo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

emelle wrote:
What an AWESOME party THAT must have been!

I know, doesn't that look like so much fun?? I'm totally bummed that I didn't think to do that at my wedding.

emelle wrote:
By the way, just because I don't know you personally is no reason for you to consider yourself "not invited". Wink

That is awesome!!!! Even though I probably won't make it, you still made my day. I'm going to tell everyone I know that I was invited to a celebrity wedding. Smile
emelle

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:23 am    Post subject: UPDATE Reply with quote

At this point, we'll be able to get the marriage license with no issues in North Carolina once we arrive for our reunions, so the "ceremony" will occur after 3 p.m. on Wednesday the 30th. If Daddy can coordinate parent-point-of-view logistics with Steve's parents, that will free us up personally to continue our apartment quest and actually get ourselves moved.

We have registries: Club Wedd for the "little" stuff and Our Wishing Well for the "big" stuff. Search using my initials and last name. Both sites are "under construction" by me but are accessible already.

Thank you again for your joy expressed for us - it's really helping our "stress level" to know so many people care and are genuinely happy for us!

Last edited by emelle on Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: UPDATE Reply with quote

emelle wrote:
At this point, we'll be able to get the marriage license with no issues in North Carolina once we arrive for our reunions, so the "ceremony" will occur after 3 p.m. on Wednesday the 30th. If Daddy can coordinate parent-point-of-view logistics with Steve's parents, that will free us up personally to continue our apartment quest and actually get ourselves moved.

Since there aren't any snail-mailed formal invitations, can you provide a fuller update, please, with all the info that would typically be found inside a snail-mailed invitation? Maybe you don't want to do that in a globally viewable place like JBTalk. If that's the case, email me or Facebook-mail me. I haven't even started planning my drive, et cetera, because at this point it still feels tentative and not part of my world.
emelle

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to make your planning easier by sending you a "real" invitation, even if that were via this or some other site or by email. The problem with having a wedding on the other side of the country from where you live, though (and actually a BLESSING if you're me) is that I have NO IDEA what all those logistical details are. The last time I spoke with my future mother-in-law, we discussed that Steve and I have only one requirement on the day (Wednesday, September 30th): ceremony to begin no earlier than 3 p.m. That's it. She's got the preacher, the wedding chapel, the reception hall, and the catering all taken care of. If you contact Caitlin, I think she's got a second hotel room already booked for cheap. DADDY is supposed to have all the little details like the wheres and whens. I've been too busy with coordinating my move and my own travel to reunions and such to concern myself with those things I've been assuming have been communicated to appropriate personnel.

I'm sorry if this is not the answer you were looking for. I hope it doesn't sour your trip - I look forward to all the pics you'll shoot when no one's paying any attention (plus the ones you take when we ARE). Plus I have a feeling you'll dance, even if not with Christina. Wink

Tomorrow I get to work; Friday I get to pre-move; Saturday I get to move BIG things like the fridge and bed; Sunday I have my bridal shower; Monday I get to post-move and clean; Tuesday I turn in my keys. THEN I can regroup my focus to things like registering for my reunions, getting Steve's ring and suit, reserving hotel rooms and rental cars for the two weekends, finding a cat-sitter, trying to fit more work into the schedule, pre-paying bills that will be due in our absence, and oh, I dunno, whatever else I haven't thought of yet. I knew September was going to snowball on me; that's why I spent August just BREATHING and keeping my hands out of the planning pie.

So in essence, this is an UPDATE to where we are in our wedding plan. Thanks for helping me get these thoughts in print. Now you know, and I can see what I'm up against. Cool
JBMason
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm supposed to help gather some dance music for the reception, but I haven't started on that yet, so let me ask you a question...

What percentage of each style do you want in the ballroom mix? For example, if you and yours are huge fans of swing, then you might want 40 percent swing.

Here are the styles:
Bolero
Cha Cha
East Coast Swing
Foxtrot
Hustle
Merengue
Polka
Quickstep
Rumba
Salsa
Samba
Tango
Two Step
Viennese Waltz
Waltz
West Coast Swing
Dad

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:52 am    Post subject: Where does? Reply with quote

Where does the electric slide fit in. They always do that at wedding?

Dad
emelle

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the styles I think anyone who wants to dance can "fake it 'til they make it" with little or no instruction:
Cha Cha
Foxtrot
Hustle
Merengue
Two Step?
Waltz

I personally also love Rumba, Samba, Tango, West Coast Swing, and Viennese Waltz, and others probably love East Coast Swing way more than I do, but I think the list above will be sufficient. Both of Steve's parents dance "the Shag" which is really just a variant of East Coast Swing... but I know they won't dance it with each other, and I don't know if either of them will really dance THAT much, so include one or two East Coast "Beach Music" tunes (i.e. The Drifters, Four Tops, etc.). Daddy, the Electric Slide is only really danced to the song "Electric Slide" so if you include it in the mix, I think Brett and I will be able to lead it as a line dance. Same goes for that Cha Cha line-dance song for which I can't remember the name, but there are 3 versions of, I think (Brett had filmed me dancing it @ Arthur Murray - is it called "Cha Cha Slide"?). Questions - is Bill being included in any of these coordinating efforts? and have we loaded any music yet onto a laptop? and have we settled on the parents' waltz? Steve knows how to lead it now, but I will of course be working with him and his mom, and refreshing you, Daddy. Any "instruction" you care to throw at any of us, Brett, please feel free to contribute in that week. I just need to know that I don't have to worry about this stuff. I travel this week, so I'm just getting all my ducks in a row now.

Whew! Love dance! Can't wait to dance with all my men! So glad you're all handling music! TEN DAYS! Very Happy

Last edited by emelle on Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
emelle

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now, to update MY status:
We have our travel itineraries, housing during the week, the clothes we'll be wearing for the ceremony, the rings we'll be exchanging, the dances we'll start the reception with, and the license waiting for us to pick it up. We only need to arrange our weekend (reunion) housing and our rental car, and then PACK for our travel THURSDAY.

We've moved our households together and gotten most of our utilities issues completed; the cats are settling in (not yet re-trained for the toilet yet, but they have a temporary litter box that we're not going to rush them away from); the packed boxes of stuff are 75-80% UNPACKED; we have something of a morning routine already established with the making of coffee and checking of emails, etc. Life is good, and in TEN DAYS we'll be "Mr. and Mrs. Nixon"! YAY!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    talk.LexJB.com Forum Index -> Holla back All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: